P0135 fault code

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will2020

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting fault P0135 Front O2 Sensor Bank 1 Heater on my UK V6 can you guys confirm the sensors location?

The sensor plugs into the exhaust pipe that comes out of the turbocharger heading down towards the rear of the car. It is BEFORE and ABOVE the large section of pipe, in the smaller section which is actually the CAT.

That's for the V9X engine, anyway. If you mean the Petrol V6, there are two sensors, one in each exhaust section immediately after the exhaust manifold itself where it's a single pipe. They should face upwards and outwards away from the engine.

In the V9X (diesel V6) there's only one exhaust pipe coming out of the turbocharger and only one sensor. It sits a few cm from the outlet of the turbocharger and should be visible more from the left hand side, since the brake booster will be in the way on the right hand side of the vehicle.

thanks Tony found it, just need to get the part now. After market is £150 Nissan wanted £520 just shook my head and laughed at the parts guy.

Holy thread revival.

Just had an engine rebuild in an '08 Thai 2.5 and had this code come up. My question is will it do any sort of damage if I reset the code and ignore it? Or see if it happens again?

What are the possible outcomes of driving around with this code?

Reset it by all means, in case it's been triggered through a loose or poor electrical connection. You might consider checking them too - but on my DPF, where you'd expect some poor connections after 300,000km - everything was perfect (it was my sensors that had failed).

If the ECU can't detect oxygen in the exhaust, it may influence (reduce) CAT reductant injection (it's where the ECU opens the injector during the exhaust stroke to flood the catalytic converter with diesel).

While that's not critical to the running of the car (it is in petrol engines because it uses the data for air-fuel ratio calcs) it may limp-mode the car if it occurs for too long. You'll know limp mode - the car will feel completely gutless, fuel rail pressure won't exceed 14,000psi and engine load will report as 100% at the slightest effort (in case you're watching engine data with an app like Torque). If it doesn't limp-mode it within a few hundred km, it probably won't.

I'd be checking connections first. What if the sensor has been forgotten during reassembly?

The info you provide - always - is invaluable. Cheers Tony!

I'm running the ScanGuage II and have had this code come up several times prior to a catastrophic engine failure, which I reset half a dozen times. My paranoia about resetting it now is MONUMENTAL after a $14K rebuild from REPCO (Ripping Every Poor C...hap Off). I have just over 1,000km's on the clock since rebuild and this code is back - like the Terminator. Anyway, it has never caused limp mode.

If only I didn't hate the cab of the Hilux so much...

I wonder what caused the catastrophic failure? The code relates to an exhaust sensor, and if that fails it's not the end of the world for the engine - it's really just there for the CAT.

Step 1: check the electrical connections.

Step 2: clean the MAFS, in case the data from the MAFS is throwing off the data from the exhaust sensor. Use electrical component cleaner, or MAFS cleaner, and never EVER poke ANYTHING solid in the little hole. Ever. As soon as you do, the MAFS is busted. $400 to replace from Nissan - probably cheaper elsewhere.

Step 3: replace the sensors. You might need to buy them from Nissan, but something from a wreck will probably be fine because most car accidents aren't caused by exhaust sensor failures

See how that goes. Worrying about the engine blowing up isn't going to inspire much confidence in the vehicle.

Latest posts

Back