The New D40 BlackFree

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NA_R33

Reaction score
The New D40 BlackFree, now with 35's!

'11 STX 550

Havent done too much yet, Wet Seat Seat Covers, Tow Bar, CB. 3" Front coil Spacers and 2" Lift Blocks Rear, Will change that eventually but I had them sitting around from the previous one. 2" Body Lift when I get the time. American Racing Black Trench Rims 17 x 8 with Maxxis Big Horns 285 70 17's got them cheap off ebay. Still Undecided on a bull bar for it yet.

Still on the wish list is bash plates, snorkel, bull bar and possibly a canopy.

Very very happy with it so far!

Attachments

• NAV.jpg
    NAV.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 19,910
Last edited:
Looks damn good man! Black is Boss!

Who cares about cleaning.. it's like having a hot girlfriend and hating her high maintenance.
Her high maintenance is the reason she's hot... and the reason you have hot sex!! lol

Cheers guys, yeah black can be a mission but looks great when clean. Having said that though I cant wait to get it dirty!!

Run into a little probelm today, with the tow bar I cant get the spare far enough back to clear the diff... Its in there but will definately cause interferance with any compression of the rear suspension... So now its either going to definately need a canopy or a roof basket to mount the spare (I could grind some of the fins off the diff, but dont want extra possible warranty issues).... didnt have the same issues with the king cab... ah well, what do you do...

Just got off the phone to a mate and he had a great idea.... just let some air out of the spare! simple ideas are sometimes the best!

Yeah cheers, its on the shopping list, my little supercheap jobbo doesnt quite cut it.

Yeah mate, the spacers are a temporary thing for me. They cause alot of coil bucket to UCA contact, ok for on road but not so good for off road. Will upgrade suspension once I have done the bullbar and a few other things so I'm close to the constant weight it will end up at.

Added some black rhino aero bar roof racks and a fox wing awning too!

Body lift half done in preperation for Scotty's sliders.... more pics to come tomorrow when we finish it!

Attachments

• Bodylift1.jpg
    Bodylift1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Got it pretty much finished today. Just have to modify the brackets that hold the rear bar on to make it match the tub. Will probably do that at work tomorrow... Pretty happy with it and not that hard a task either! Was expecting to have to make or modify heaps of brackets... Kit came from 4x4parts.com for those who are interested, alot of the kit didnt relate to the new motor though...

Attachments

• bODYLIFT2 SMALL.jpg
    bODYLIFT2 SMALL.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 412
  • BODYLIFT3 SMALL.jpg
    BODYLIFT3 SMALL.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 408
Still chasing a bull bar. Gave up waiting for the xrox and called the same TJM dealer that told me there steel bar would fit only to be told it wouldnt this time round... Really want to get a bull bar before the holidays so I can fab up some bash plates.

Yeah, that concerned me a little... I've spoken to a heap of people about it and gotten alot of mixed opinions... Sorta just bitten the bullet and going for it... Will have a chat to the DOT guys when I take it in to have the body lift inspected and get there opinion on it I guess...

Finished the body lift today, just cut the brackets that held rear bar and moved it up 50mm... welded it up and added some gussets and done! Looks the goods now... thinking about making a rear protection bar the protects the rear quaters and runs between the tow bar and the factory bumper now, now that there is a gap there... not sure yet...

Latest posts

Back