Spike in caravan and camper theft

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I now use $400 worth of lock and chain Boren steel not square link but totally bolt cutter proof and lots of time and noise for a grinder.The chain is around the springs on both wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpg
    IMG_1482.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1483.jpg
    IMG_1483.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 151
i had my 4wd and camper van stolen in Sunbury last year. Van was hitched to the car after a week away, cleaned up ready to be stored the next morning.

car was found with no significant damage though heaps of accessories (HEMA, Leatherman, CB, CD's, DVD players etc) all gone but van never found.

have a new van now..i make sure its well secured but if they steel it, it will be found very quickly…

what i don't get is, there technology around that can track a car/van but manufacturers, police, government, insurance agencies don't make it standard or compulsory.

i had my 4wd and camper van stolen in Sunbury last year. Van was hitched to the car after a week away, cleaned up ready to be stored the next morning.

car was found with no significant damage though heaps of accessories (HEMA, Leatherman, CB, CD's, DVD players etc) all gone but van never found.

have a new van now..i make sure its well secured but if they steel it, it will be found very quickly…

what i don't get is, there technology around that can track a car/van but manufacturers, police, government, insurance agencies don't make it standard or compulsory.

Agreed mate I do remember when that happened to you it was very stressful for your family, we all are insured it's the personal items and memories that cannot be replaced.

Old thread but! had some turds attempt to steal the van at 1.30 this morning. A brown vn commodore. I missed the last of the plates. The goose was trying to hook up to a treg hitch to a standard towball ffs. They soon left when I burst out. The chains on the wheels would of stopped them anyway.

Yea john and if had have caught em and given them a flogging you would have been the one down the cop shop getting charges laid on you.
Thieves are scum and the justice system is worse

Mate it was disturbing but I am in a quiet area. I had 3 big blokes in the car vrs me.But no big deal. the neighbour over the road helped all ok now.

Bastards they jemmied the front storage boot. Now we are down about 2k

scum of the earth!!

Fortunately my camper is at the back of the house and is too heavy to move by hand, and then there is the slightly nosey neighbor that would ask what the hell they are doing!

sounds like you need a better parking spot for your trailer HJ!

Cheers
bryan

In response to this thread, I put a bolt-cutter-resistance cable through the suspension and the wheels on one side, and I put a bolt-cutter-resistant padlock through the tow chains, tying them up and over the A-frame so you couldn't drag them over and hook them up to your car.

HJ, that really sucks. Did your camera system manage to catch the plates?

In response to this thread, I put a bolt-cutter-resistance cable through the suspension and the wheels on one side, and I put a bolt-cutter-resistant padlock through the tow chains, tying them up and over the A-frame so you couldn't drag them over and hook them up to your car.

HJ, that really sucks. Did your camera system manage to catch the plates?
No mate they backed in on a 45degree angle and I missed it. We live in a nice area, seems they cruise looking for a target. What goose attempts to hook up to a Treg hitch with a normal towbar?

No mate they backed in on a 45degree angle and I missed it. We live in a nice area, seems they cruise looking for a target. What goose attempts to hook up to a Treg hitch with a normal towbar?

Scum that have no interest or have any ideas about caravans, they were prob iced up nice and high looking for a big pay day for there scum habbit.

What's worse is that if your van goes missing, 9 times out of 10 it will never been.found because your stolen property report goes to the bottom of a cops to do list.....

All that hard work and memories gone.

Scum that have no interest or have any ideas about caravans, they were prob iced up nice and high looking for a big pay day for there scum habbit.

What's worse is that if your van goes missing, 9 times out of 10 it will never been.found because your stolen property report goes to the bottom of a cops to do list.....

All that hard work and memories gone.

Well said mate and I agree. I guess being a Coromal they think it's worth more. But hey it's saved and I didn't tell the kids. I recon you are correct with the drug issue, and I am glad I kept it easy even in my undies. Enjoy the rest of the week mate.

Latest posts

Back