Spike in caravan and camper theft

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure my camper is being cased. Had a lady today walk past my house this morning, she stopped stared at my camper.. I went out and she kept walking, had a strange feeling she was going to come back...sure as shit she did, I watched her turn around up the street and start walking back so I watched from behind the screen door (she couldn't see me). She stood there doing the same thing, walked out and she was kind of jumpy. She pretended to play with the flowers on a tree at the front of my yard and then proceeded to walk off. Was a bit strange. Then I saw her again in the afternoon walk past slowly looking but she had her hair done differently and other clothes on..
Safe to say I'm paranoid that I'm going to come home to no camper one day.

Pretty sure my camper is being cased. Had a lady today walk past my house this morning, she stopped stared at my camper.. I went out and she kept walking, had a strange feeling she was going to come back...sure as shit she did, I watched her turn around up the street and start walking back so I watched from behind the screen door (she couldn't see me). She stood there doing the same thing, walked out and she was kind of jumpy. She pretended to play with the flowers on a tree at the front of my yard and then proceeded to walk off. Was a bit strange. Then I saw her again in the afternoon walk past slowly looking but she had her hair done differently and other clothes on.. Safe to say I'm paranoid that I'm going to come home to no camper one day.

The best thing you can do Amy,
If you have a decent backyard move it to there........out of sight out of mind.

I keep my camper trailer.Locked in my garage.I would much rather have my NAV out.then lose my camper trailer.
Insured for 15000.I can put my NAV in my backyard and I have 2 vicious dogs to look after my girl.also keeping the camper trailer inside protects my investment.
From all weather conditions too.

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

I keep my camper trailer.Locked in my garage.I would much rather have my NAV out.then lose my camper trailer.
Insured for 15000.I can put my NAV in my backyard and I have 2 vicious dogs to look after my girl.also keeping the camper trailer inside protects my investment.

I don't have side access to the back yard :( Don't have a garage either. I store some of my other toys at my parents but have run out of room there too :(
My dog will bark if someone touches it but that doesn't help when I'm always at work! :(

I don't have side access to the back yard :( Don't have a garage either. I store some of my other toys at my parents but have run out of room there too :( My dog will bark if someone touches it but that doesn't help when I'm always at work! :(

Amy,
Get some good thick chain.and put it through both wheels.
Spray paint the chain hot pink.also add a bolt-cutter proof padlock.
Then it will really stand out for people that are looking.

Now that's just a thought.

Diesel is to FAT to be vicious Pocoyo haha

If i see anyone like that hanging around I grab the camera and take a photo of them then walk out and take another close up of them without saying a word.
I have done this several times after some break-ins around here. The legit people will talk to you, ask what you are doing and explain what they are doing. The grubs walk or run with a pissed off look on there faces.

Put shit on your camper like I have at the moment, it has a boat rack, the crims are too lazy to take all the shit off to take it. Also I have three box trailers in the way and a dog that would lick at least three layers of skin off you. That's after getting into a gate that I haven't fixed yet that is a prick to get open.

Last edited:
take the wheels off, hitch lock and a chain around a tree or something. or just insure it for $10000 and let em have it

Oh also I got one of those lock pins that you can put in for you tow hitch so it can't be stolen from the car if you know what I mean in the Tregg hitch hole so you can't hook on to it. It's so secure I can't even steal because I can't find the keys to unlock it!

:pissedoff:

Oh also I got one of those lock pins that you can put in for you tow hitch so it can't be stolen from the car if you know what I mean in the Tregg hitch hole so you can't hook on to it. It's so secure I can't even steal because I can't find the keys to unlock it!

I wouldn't believe it can't be stolen, no matter what you do... breakaway brakes like semi trailers have would be a deterrent.... providing whoever wants to steal it can't activate them... :/

I only use that pin threw the hitch hole because my father in law gave it to me and thought it might slow them down a bit.

Yeah, someone on here mentioned not long ago that they just shackle the chains up tight and don't worry about using the hitch... so make what you will of that...

Yeah, someone on here mentioned not long ago that they just shackle the chains up tight and don't worry about using the hitch... so make what you will of that...

I think I read on another forum something along those lines too.

Maybe also everyone in town knows I'm the undertakers son, we know how to make people disappear! We have a cremator! Only joking.

Amy,
Get some good thick chain.and put it through both wheels.
Spray paint the chain hot pink.also add a bolt-cutter proof padlock.
Then it will really stand out for people that are looking.

Now that's just a thought.

Ended up buying a few metres of chain and a few locks. Cost me shit all, the perks of getting BCF & supercheap stuff at cost price ;) I don't think anyone could possibly nick it out of my yard now haha.

If i see anyone like that hanging around I grab the camera and take a photo of them then walk out and take another close up of them without saying a word.
I have done this several times after some break-ins around here. The legit people will talk to you, ask what you are doing and explain what they are doing. The grubs walk or run with a pissed off look on there faces.

That's a good idea!

Put shit on your camper like I have at the moment, it has a boat rack, the crims are too lazy to take all the shit off to take it. Also I have three box trailers in the way and a dog that would lick at least three layers of skin off you. That's after getting into a gate that I haven't fixed yet that is a prick to get open.

I don't really have anything to put on it, should be right now with chains through it all.
take the wheels off, hitch lock and a chain around a tree or something. or just insure it for $10000 and let em have it
I'm too lazy the take the wheels off haha. Not worth anywhere close to 10g either. It's chained to a crappy fence and has chains through the wheels now too. Have a coupling lock but haven't put it on yet. If they are able to steal anything now it'd be the roof top tent on top but thats bloody heavy.
In the perfect world we all could leave our toys out unlocked and they will always be there. Thieves are the f#£%&@g worse
I know, it's terrible :(

I have one :)
I think I read on another forum something along those lines too.

Maybe also everyone in town knows I'm the undertakers son, we know how to make people disappear! We have a cremator! Only joking.
Lol!!

In the perfect world we all could leave our toys out unlocked and they will always be there. Thieves are the f#£%&@g worse

One of my mates lived in Diamond Creek till we were 25. He use to leave his keys in the ignition of his unlocked car in his front yard so he'd "never have to look for em and always handy for a quick getaway". Never a drama except for mates borrowing his car lol.

Moved to Doreen. Just about kept his keys under lock and key.

Amy,

That's good to hear.
Glad we all could be of assistance..

Good perk getting things at cost price too;-)

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's
It definitely is!
One of my mates lived in Diamond Creek till we were 25. He use to leave his keys in the ignition of his unlocked car in his front yard so he'd "never have to look for em and always handy for a quick getaway". Never a drama except for mates borrowing his car lol.

Moved to Doreen. Just about kept his keys under lock and key.
Yeah, just can't trust people these days. My sister's boyfriend's parents moved from the country and are still stuck in there ways, they leave their keys in the ignition and thr front door open... They moved to a place where the crime rate is pretty high, it's only a matter of time.

Latest posts

Back