Diesel particulate filter??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimo

Reaction score
Good day guys
I own a 2010 d40 st 2.5L and wandering if I have a dpf fitted to my car ??
I called the dealer and have him my vin number and he said no, but for some reason the dpf light is coming up on dash??

It's easy to spot. The DPF is a large cylindrical object under the front passenger footwell.

If the DPF light is coming on, it means the ECU hasn't been able to do a clear regen on it for some time. Take the car out to a freeway and sit on a nice steady page (engine RPM > 1600) for a little while. It needs about 10 minutes. Give it 30. If it doesn't clear the light, you might have a sensor issue. Before going to Nissan, send a PM to 'auggie' here, who sells replacement sensors that allow you to remove the DPF without worry.

dpf cleaner

HI i have 2 cans of worth DPF cleaner for sale if you want them $ 50 for both need gone i got 4 but only needed 2 so got 2 surplus call me on 0421645104

If you can't get your dpf light to come off with a good drive, it could be the one of the dp sensors on the dpf. My rear sensor snapped so I was getting a false reading that my dpf was blocked. New sensor from nissan is about $110. Fairly easy to change if you can get access to a hoist

Hey guys ended up finding out the car does a dpf and took it to my local Nissan dealer and they performed a regen which fixed the car for about a week but now it's come back on again :/
They said something could be causing it but they have to go over the car, they basically saying it's not actually blocked, but somewhere along the lines it's getting a false reading could be from anything

Has anyone gone through this process and can help me shed some light ?
Cheers Shaun

I'm surprised they didn't mention that the only possible culprit is the sensors themselves.

Works like this: there's a pressure sensor before and after the filter matrix. If the flow through the matrix is good, the pressure on the far side will be very slightly less than the pressure before it (because the matrix itself reduces the volume in the pipe, it causes a small pressure increase because it's a restriction in the pipe). If the pressure variation rises beyond a certain point it means that the restriction is too large for good exhaust flow and a regen is required. The car tries to perform one and if unsuccessful, lights the DPF light and tries again. Too many failed attempts and the car goes into limp mode and requires the forced regen.

So the only thing telling the ECU that the DPF is blocking up is the return signal from those two sensors. If the electrical connections are good, the sensors may be faulty and may need to be replaced. Nissan obviously sell them and make a good margin on them, hence my amazement that they didn't try flogging them already.

Yeah they definitely didn't say anything about sensors to me, they said to me I have to change the dpf and when he told me the price I nearly had a heart attack !

How do you know if the sensors are faulty ? Because I took it to another mechanic and he plugged it in to the computer and it said dpf "over accumulated"

I think the next step would be examining the DPF. If gas flows well enough through it, and it looks reasonably clean (it's going to look black, but it shouldn't have huge powdery deposits on it) then it's doing its job and the sensors are probably not ok.

Nissan would usually replace a sensor with a new one to see if it was busted. If you've got a mate with a known good DPF, see if you can borrow his for a few moments.

So I have examined the sensors and they look ok wiring looks fine but haven't pulled them out
I also done a fault code on my car and came up as 2 flashes then 10 and 10 then 2 again (2/10/10/2) does anyone know what this means ??

Thanks mate I'm certain now it's clogged:(
Does anyone know where the best place in Melbourne to get a delete pipe and remap??

Latest posts

Back