VSK engine swap with VMNT?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadeater

Reaction score
April 2016: '09 Thai YD25 6-speed auto king cab enters meltdown and seized. Left sitting in the shed because I sure as hell am not endowed with cash.

January 2017: '06 Spanish YD25 manual dual cab flips on a dirt section in my 'hood. Running gear all OK.

Because I live in remote SA I have to act when there is a possibility of getting a replacement engine...

Now I am hoping that a guru can explain to me please, like I am a 5 year old, what difficulties I'd be up against transplanting that engine. The local mechanic would do it if he knew of the various issues in making such a swap.

Do-able? Not do-able?

My pride and joy and most expensive toy I've ever had. Can you set this fool straight?

The engines should be nearly identical. Keep your ECU - the ECU for the engine with the manual gearbox behind it might not pay a lot of attention to the auto trans which does interact with the ECU to a degree. They should run the same turbo control, radiator ... pretty much bolt it in and hook it up.

You'll have to register the injectors in your ECU. I don't think there's going to be much else to do. Very lucky find!

Ask and you shall receive! I can almost hear the boinging sitar as I read your reply, Old.Guru

Who says Friday 13th is all bad? My hopes are up. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back