D22 blowing smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will push the dealer to change them if they cant stop the smoke, problem is the perception you get from the dealer is they all blow smoke but no one will say what is excessive or not. they seem to think that if you cant see in the workshop after revving the motor that may be normal (just an example, mine doesnt blow that much) but i am concerned about this problem, what about longevity of engine due to excessive smoke?

How is the fuel consumption?

How is the fuel consumption?

fuel use is pretty good, got close to 680klm on a full tank going and coming home from the grampians on new years eve 40 degree heat with aircon all the way home. had to run it low on fuel as the dealer owed me a full tank from when i bought the truck, still had about an 1/8 of a tank left so possibly could have got 720 or more out of it.

fuel use is pretty good, got close to 680klm on a full tank going and coming home from the grampians on new years eve 40 degree heat with aircon all the way home. had to run it low on fuel as the dealer owed me a full tank from when i bought the truck, still had about an 1/8 of a tank left so possibly could have got 720 or more out of it.

Is it safe to tell the dealer i did the ecu reset?

You cant break it by doing that.

It just reverts to the settings that its programmed to do.

I'm having the same problems with my 09 str. Quite embarrassing taking off at the lights. Going to start the Nissan dealer process shortly can't wait.......

Hey guys had my truck's 10,000 service done today and fully mentioned the blowing smoke problem, they called me to pick it up and said it was fine. I asked what was done and he said they basically reset the ecu to which I added that I had already done that, he said you cant do it with having the correct computer machinery to hook it up. I left it at that and said i will check it out and if still blowing heaps of smoke I will be back. Got in the car and gave it stick and low and behold no smoke even under heavy load. I will have to wait till I try it at night when smoke is mosat visible in headlights. I suggested to them the injectors but he said they were or are a problem in the D40's and not the D22's. I asked him what is the benchmark for excessive smoke to which he shrugged his shoulders. He did say not to listen to forums or other peoples opinions. I will update when I take it out at night.

:cheers!:
Shooter.

Hey guys had my truck's 10,000 service done today and fully mentioned the blowing smoke problem, they called me to pick it up and said it was fine. I asked what was done and he said they basically reset the ecu to which I added that I had already done that, he said you cant do it with having the correct computer machinery to hook it up. I left it at that and said i will check it out and if still blowing heaps of smoke I will be back. Got in the car and gave it stick and low and behold no smoke even under heavy load. I will have to wait till I try it at night when smoke is mosat visible in headlights. I suggested to them the injectors but he said they were or are a problem in the D40's and not the D22's. I asked him what is the benchmark for excessive smoke to which he shrugged his shoulders. He did say not to listen to forums or other peoples opinions. I will update when I take it out at night.

:cheers!:
Shooter.

seems like it might have solved the problem. went for a night drive and hardly any smoke when driving under heavy load.

Hi People
I have a 2002 Navara D22 low milage
I ah exactly the same problem, instant loss of power and thick black smoke. I limped home thinking the worst. My brother and nephew have an auto electrical business. He put the tester on and no faults came up. I took the ute to his workshop and my nephew fixed it in no time. He just cleaned out the EGR valve which was clogged and then all was good. A quick cheap fix. TRY THIS
Royden

Latest posts

Back