265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember when you change offset to a deeper rim that pushes the track outwards from the centre of the vehicle, you're going to lose ride quality and control at higher speeds

a friend had a D21 Navara with super wide offset rims, 265 75 16s on it

Looked awesome, great on the beach, handled like a dog round corners

It wont be 0 offset then, your only options are to offload the rims or do a little panelbeating. You will have no scrubbing at all with the standard rims, I've had 32's for 50k now, no rubbing under full lock and flex at all.
Thanks for the advice John. I've got the wheels booked in for tomorrow arvo you get changed onto the standard rim. How high have you got your torsion bars wound up? I'm hoping that I won't have to wind mine up any further but if it has to be done I'll do it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It depends on the tyre. I have falken wildpeaks on mine and have the front torsions wound up to about 10mm from the upper bump stop and had rubbing on the inside edges of the front mudflaps with stock alloys. Not enough to damage anything, just enough to be annoying when turning with any sort of flex happening.

Changed the tires back to the standard rim and it made a world of difference. No more scrubbing and a much smoother ride. Thanks for the advice guys!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dear Navara enthusiasts, I'm an old 2.4lt Hilux 1988 trying to help friends with little braking on 2011 Navara ABS. Net said LSV at diff so bled that. Front axle won't bleed so ABS unit may need bleed. realise bleeding sequence is important & hope to note it to have on hand.
Will the Irishmans vacuum bleed work with ABS systems? I guess if his bleed screw had some thread seal tape in thread it would reduce/eliminate air leak into his see thru vinyl pipe. Darling Handbrake's rounding up Sunday rest with "What have U done 2day?" Normal. Cheers Fred
PS I've seen Navara cut out often & told it does until warm !! Diesel, turbo. I don't know difference in D types. D22/ D44. Please enlighten me.

Dear Navara enthusiasts, I'm an old 2.4lt Hilux 1988 trying to help friends with little braking on 2011 Navara ABS. Net said LSV at diff so bled that. Front axle won't bleed so ABS unit may need bleed. realise bleeding sequence is important & hope to note it to have on hand.
Will the Irishmans vacuum bleed work with ABS systems? I guess if his bleed screw had some thread seal tape in thread it would reduce/eliminate air leak into his see thru vinyl pipe. Darling Handbrake's rounding up Sunday rest with "What have U done 2day?" Normal. Cheers Fred
PS I've seen Navara cut out often & told it d
oes until warm !! Diesel, turbo. I don't know difference in D types. D22/ D44. Please enlighten me.
re 2011 Navara., most likely not problem but look for brake switch on brake pedal make sure you have clearence between pedal and switch
try this Engage pedal have another person slacken nut on oil intet on abs module should have good leakage then do outlet , should have good leakage which means you should have good oil flow out of brake calliper nipple
. has someone filled the brake fluid with engine oil you would be able to check this visualy in reservior , brake fluid is extremely thin ,,engine oil will expand and destroy rubber seals ,create obstructions in lines and cylinders , cause binding and brake failure .
Extremey poor braking on diesel can be bad vacuum. navara have oil vacuum pump bolted on motor, i had old diesel with oil vacuum pump on rear of alternator. petrol engines can have vacume line going into inlet manifold

Latest posts

Back