Vehicle Name Trusty Workhorse
Year 2004
Make Nissan
Model D22
2004 Nissan D22
History Bought new
Exterior
2004 Nissan D22 Exterior
Factory fitted snorkel, bull bar, winch, towbar, HD gal steel tray.

Interior
2004 Nissan D22 Interior
Egt and boost gauges (auber) and lift pump pressure

In-Car Entertainment
Cheap sony head unit, good speakers, behind seat sub in custom box, under seat amp.

Under the Hood
2004 Nissan D22 Under the Hood 2004 Nissan D22 Under the Hood
Egr block, catchcan, 80 series air box, frontmount intercooler, billet gt2554r, 3" exhaust with cat and muffler, Rumpig tune. Bosch 044 lift pump.

Suspension
Konis, 2" hd springs
Comments: 2 / Views: 4881

Old 31-10-2017, 07:58 AM

Hey mate, i see you have had a couple different turbos on ur rig. What would you rate as the better option? 2554 seems to have better top end, how did the bottom end in that compare to the stock set up and the Td04 has better bottom end? So how did that top end compare to the stock?

Old 14-11-2017, 08:21 PM

My Mood:
Garage

Hi mate, Yes the 2554r did have better top end, and better torque off boost (better exhaust flow) but was sluggish to get on to boost with out a heavy foot and found myself driving with more rpm on board and was rolling coal (smoking) down low if i ever had to put my foot down.
The TD04 boosts quicker than stock and winds out further than stock, will go clean to redline, not that i ever do. I think i went with td04l15t? (details are in that thread) but i reckon could go the 19t which is the same but with a bigger compressor wheel, theory being it should still spool up as quick but with lower shaft speed and cooler charge temps. The turbine housing is very tight (again i forget the exact size but its in that thread) comparable in size to stock, but the turbine wheel is slightly bigger, so theoretically should flow a bit more. Im certainly happy with it, im able to have full boost from the start of every gea shifting at about 2500-3000 rpm.

Last edited by Rabbid-chop; 14-11-2017 at 08:25 PM.