Sydney to Cameron's Corner advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteV

Reaction score
OK folks, I'd like some input from those people that have driven from Sydney or other areas into Cameron's Corner. I'd like to know how much is off-road or dirt road, how long it took you and how manageable it was. Is it easy/hard? Is there a time of year to avoid it? Etc, etc. What's accommodation like along the way, how long should I allocate for the trip, 3 days up and 3 back? I'm thinking of bringing young kids (8 and 14). Cheers.

pretty easy trip , I drove from Sydney to broken hill then up to camerons corner. Most of the roads are in good condition corrugated but good condition. Lower your tyre pressure and reduce your speed . Good camping at the corners store. Plenty of camping sites / caravan parks to choose from. It is a lot of driving for the kids but a good trip it get pretty cold in winter out there but nice for a fire .

I've started using the WikiCamps Australia app (Android, Apple & Windows all available). They have a section in their forum for Road Conditions and list free camps (with comments) all over the country. I do recommend it - only costs a couple of bucks, just make sure that if you want it on more than one device (same platform), make sure you use the same account on those devices.

As larry said its a pretty easy trip to Cameron's Cnr, its what comes after on the the strezlecki track that can be challenging. We went from melbourne to Broken Hill then onto Camerons corner via Tibooburra

Cameron Corner

PeteV,
My daughter (learner plates) and myself did a trip from Adelaide to innamincka and back through cameron corner then broken hill in October 2014. The temperature was hot (35deg) most days and the roads in QLD and NSW were all good mostly dirt. We kept our speed to about 80Kph with tires at 28psi on the dirt and higher while on the bitumen. We had only two mobs of roos cross the roads in front of the vehicle which we had to slow down for. Take the children they will enjoy it all, have great trip.

Latest posts

Back