STX550 Arb Deluxe bar compatible winches

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedm1989

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Have decided to look into getting a winch for the 550, not that I plan on using it much but from the weekend I've learnt that unpredictable situations are better tackeled with too much equipment rather than piss all and just hoping for the best.

My question is, apart from the Warn winches that ARB list that will fit their bar, I was hoping to hear from those who have fitted other brands to their ARB bar and if they had to modify anything to get it all working. I am leaning towards the Runva winches as they seem well priced and people have just positive things to say about them. Also the winch fitting kit that ARB list that you need, does it actually come with anything inportant in it as I've looked up photos of the kit and it doesn't seem to come with much?

I have a 550 with an ARB deluxe winchbar.
I was going to fit one of the 4wd superstore $500 winches that are rated 12,000lb. In fact I was going to get ARB to fit it as well. They warned me that the bar is only rated at 10,000lb and fitting a 12,000lb winch may cause warranty claim problems if say the bar got bent. In addition if that also warped the chassis perhaps Nissan may not cover it under warranty etc.
I ended up getting a smittybuilt X20 10,000lb winch with synthetic rope (from ARB, cost about $1,200 just for the winch).
Not sure if I was conned or not but it is a good story and the bullbar would have limits.
I am happy with the winch, wireless or cable with rechargeable batteries.

Yea wouldn't worry about the limits of the bar so much. Everything is over engineered anyway. And honestly when will you put that winch to a full boar test anyway!

I'd look at the runva which personally. Heard nothing but great things.

Don't know about the arb fit kit. Might pay to ring someone else, Ie runva etc and just ask if it's necessary?

I know wolf 4x4 ( I think) does a special black edition runva, usual for a little less then normal to? Check on Facebook

Thanks guys, I think I actually read that the bar can only handle 9500lbs.

But my main question is what winches has everyone successfully installed into an ARB Deluxe bar for a D40 550?

I recall discussion on this forum a while ago that arb changed internal dimensions within the winch mounting area so that only their winches will fit. Whether this is still the case or not, I couldn't say. But I'm sure someone who has fitted one to a newer arb bar will be able to comment...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back