Gearbox mount issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

someguy360

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with their D22.

I've been chasing some strong rumbling vibrations through the floor of my D22 for a while which gets worse once warm or loaded up. I think I've pinned it to the gearbox mounts as one appeared to have sagged so bad it was touching making complete contact therefore transmitting vibes.

I've sinced replaced those mounts with brand new ones, however the driver side mount still seems to be sagging to the point that in certain driving conditions it's making contact again.

Pic for example of the passenger side compared to the drivers side:
RtpDZTY.jpg

UO4Z0hJ.jpg

The trans cross member doesn't appear to be bent or damaged and the engine mounts both look good so I'm at a loss of where to go next.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

the mounts appear to be different in shapes. normally the 2 x cross member mounts just take up the weight of the transmission rear so by rights this mount in pic shouldn,t be that low compared to the other side mount as you know. can you take both mounts off and compare them unloaded ?

the mounts appear to be different in shapes. normally the 2 x cross member mounts just take up the weight of the transmission rear so by rights this mount in pic shouldn,t be that low compared to the other side mount as you know. can you take both mounts off and compare them unloaded ?

Thanks guys, engine mounts look fine on both sides.

The mounts are both the same part number just a different revision supposedly, they both sit the same height unloaded, same as the old mounts did.

the new mount has to be different to the old mount going by the pics. as mentioned the only weight is coming from the rear of transmission so both mounts should be equal in appearance., certainly not how they look in these pics. maybe if the front engine mount has collapsed abit this could cause the extra weight on one side but then again the weight is at the rear not the front side. have you checked the engine mounts with a lever or just visually ?

Latest posts

Back