Carro's D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've had the muddies for a few months now, how you finding them? How's the road noise compared to the stock tyres?

loving them still. road noise is still quiet. my best mate has bighorns on his d40 with about 30k on them and they have started whining pretty hard, fingers crossed the hankooks dont head that way!

This week I fitted TJM bullbar, side steps and brush bars all colour coded + a runva 11xp black edition winch. loving how the truck is coming together, just need some spotties!

cut down the ladder bars on the weekend and painted them black. also cut down the bolts and cleaned up the install.

also renewed my 4WD action subscription and got a new awning as a "gift" so fitted that as well.

Coming along well. What else are you doing with it? I'd love to do something similar with mine.

thanks. i have some LED spotties and an LED reverse light coming this week and im slowly talking my self in to an exhaust and chip or custom tune.

hooked up a 4inch LED work/reverse light on the rack. nothing fancy and just wired it in to the reverse lights. should light up ok when reversing and will double as a set up light when camping etc.

got some rx steelie centre caps for my sunnies and painted them black, should look a bit better!

also installed plazmaman hard pipe. peeled the plazmaman stickers off so it looks stock as.

thanks nath. pretty happy with how its looking. and unfortunately no go for the muster - i have a wedding on the 1st that we cant miss. devo.

G'day mate your nav looks pretty neat ,not to over the top . How have you found the plazma man hot pipe has it made any diff ?
cheers

G'day mate your nav looks pretty neat ,not to over the top . How have you found the plazma man hot pipe has it made any diff ?
cheers

thanks mate. im happy with it - didnt want a set up that 1. cost a bomb or 2. weighed a ton. still fairly practical for most trips.

the plazmaman makes a big difference to mid range response - between 2000 and 3000 rpm is the most noticeable, it feels heaps more responsive.

im doing egr blank tmrw and 3 inch turbo back exhaust on monday which i think will transform it in to a totally different vehicle again!

a couple of crap photos of the latest couple of mods

9inch LED spotties

and 3inch turbo back exhaust

very happy with the exhaust, it flows a lot more freely and has a decent note. not overly loud and doesnt drone which was my concern with 3inch and auto.

havent used the spotties in the dark yet but something tells me that 188w per light is going to be bright.

Utes looking tops mate, loving the look of the blacked out grill. Makes me want to go buy a can of Plastidip right away.

What brand spotties are they?

Utes looking tops mate, loving the look of the blacked out grill. Makes me want to go buy a can of Plastidip right away.

What brand spotties are they?

thanks mate, plastidip is the best - its been on there for 30000kms and only needed a couple of touch ups.

the spotties are ebay specials from a seller called sunyee - a fair few people on here have stuff from him and i would purchase from him again. they were $649 delivered. a shit ton cheaper than arb or lightforce.

thanks mate, plastidip is the best - its been on there for 30000kms and only needed a couple of touch ups.

the spotties are ebay specials from a seller called sunyee - a fair few people on here have stuff from him and i would purchase from him again. they were $649 delivered. a shit ton cheaper than arb or lightforce.
Plastidip is awesome! Just did my grille today! Best thing since sliced bread that stuff.
Gonna check out that seller. Cheers

Latest posts

Back