injector pump problem 7070

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maldog8

Reaction score
Hey guys
I have been having problems with my d22 takes a while to start and always triggers the eng light the code its bringing up is 0707 Fuel Injection Timing Control System
Circuit malfunction, Injection Pump Control Unit failure, Poor fuel quality now having done some research i
have found its common that these vp44 pumps have the control module on top of the pump that is known to fail. My car still drives fine just eng light is always on I have found a shop in the uk called tacho soft that claim to be able to repair these control modules have any of you used this service ? Also can I get a injector pump off a zd30 patrol non common rail and fit that or its control module to my d22 ?

Any help would be great guys

Normally with the 0707 code your car should be dead but you say it drives fine so it's probably not the electronics on top off the pump. Theres an eprom on the pump electronics and if they replace that section of the pump they copy the contents and write it to the new one, so i don't think you could use a Patrol pump or electronics. Someone that does Bosch servicing would be your best option as they're not really something you can fix yourself.

Ok cheers mate had any one on here used a patrol pump on there d22 also what do you need to remove to get the injector pump out can you get away with leaving the inlet manifold on and just remove the erg tube also is there and front timing cover I can remove to line the timing marks up ? Any one got any tips for the pump change out ?

that code is common as mud. commonly caused by blocked fuel filter or air being sucked into the fuel line. check the basics first.

you can't just get any old pump. theres 3 different pumps for the navara (afaik) and possibly more for the patrol/terrano. the pump must match your ecu. i suspect you could use a patrol pump IF its the exact same model number as yours.
also using a 2nd hand pump may not save you much in the long run.

As above. Fuel filter blocked or lines cracked sucking air. I've been searching on these vp44 pumps and all other manufacturers that use them. Have an electronic feed pump. This helps cool the pumps by circulating the fuel and helping the pump from trying to suck from the tank. Check lines filter and the connectors to the pump. All else fails pull the top off and replace the transistor that fails.

Cheers guys will check them out and change me fuel filter asap any one removed the pump who.can shed some info ?

Have same code (0707) coming up on my 05 zd30, car is hard to start first time then she drives fine and then starts first go for the rest of the day, but sometimes Nav goes into limp mode loses power. Happens infrequently, changed fuel filter around 700 kilometres ago when problem first occurred for me. Primer seems to prime ok, I guess next step is to go through and check all the lines for cracks. No other codes so far.

Did you lube the o-rings with fuel when fitting the fuel filter?

Ive changed my fuel filter no signs of water or algie next step if to run clear lines to the fuel pump if all is good no air in lines then il fitna second hand fuel pump of a patrol rang wreakers and they told me they do a heap of engine changes and never match the injector pump just plug in the wiring and off the owners cars go no problem also rang fremantle fuel injection and they said any zd30 patrol or navara pump will work and run fine if not damaged any one just installed.second hand pump with out.matching pump numbers ?

Ok guys I had planned to change my injector pump after xmas as these codes appeared it was that my car was cranking longer than normal I thought it was the codes / injector pump causing the problem until my starter motor shat it self the other day had 3 cranking symptoms like a flat battery but my battery is 4 month old then the start completly stopped and I put a second hand starter in starts straight away no codes and no long cranking anymore all I can think is the slow cranking was what was throwing all the codes so all along my starter has been the issue hope this helps you guys having similar problems

Hopefully that's fixed it mate. Mine is an injector pump but apparently also my balance shaft bearings are looking like they are rooted too so I'm probably up for a replacement engine haha.

Back