Beaudesert 3" system

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekka

Reaction score
Has anyone on here fitted the Beaudesert system to their 550? Interested in fitting one but worried about the noise level as we tow a 2.5 ton van just about full time and the navigator would not be impressed with a droning exhaust as we have had in other vehicles. Yes getting too old for the redhead tag.

I recently fitted a 3inch pacemaker king brown system. It came with a muffler but no cat...which is now an option. The stock system has the first cat in the down{dump] pipe from the turbo and a second cat under the drivers seat. there maybe a DPF in that as well as it certainly puffs out more smoke than before. Any way...noise isnt an issue and Im towing a 2.5 tonne tare 21 feet caravan....goes about 3 tonne full of gear. I think when I do put the cat in I have bought it will just have a bit of a burble

this combined with the plazmaman turbo pipe have seen a fuel saving of about 2.5 ltr per 100km while towing.

Getting 3" Redback system fitted today with cat and straight tru muffler, noise level should be 89db same as standard.
Plazmaman pipe is ordered and should be fitted this week also.
Hopefully will achieve fuel savings as good as yours.
Leaving on a 9 month trip in 2 weeks, up the centre to Darwin then down the WA coast, so will get a real workout.

Ive done that same trip. We had a ball and found some really good spots to camp. Just a tip with the plazmaman pipe....dont bother with the hose they supply it will keep falling off. Go to a hose shop and get a piece about 35 to 40mm longer.

Thanks for the advise about the hose, will get a longer piece and fit. It has not arrived yet contacted Plazmaman and they are waiting on the powder coating, I have read they used that excuse with other people also.
Have you got any hints or favourite places we can look out for on our trip, have a list of places but we are very flexible. Pm if you like.

Plazmaman pipe fitted OK. Done about 3,000k now. Occasionally when under a bit of load, 2.6t uphill, it gets a fluttering / vibration noise. Sounds like from turbo area. Never heard it before fitting pipe.
Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Not affecting performance and only lasts a few seconds.

Exhaust is OK, can be a bit throaty when pulling uphill with the van behind, just have to keep in the right rev range and all is good. On normal towing is no louder than standard, the boss in the passenger seat was asleep so must be OK.
Tailpipe was altered to exit under rear similar to standard pipe so probably resonates from that.
Cost was $1400 all fitted.
Feels more responsive, fuel economy has improved, currently on 13.9 to 100L. Will see how it is after a few months towing.

Back