obd torque app

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bit of a play last night, still goto work out a few of the settings.. like if the boost is meant to be set at -14.7, 0 or 14.7 etc... If anyone understands this and can shed some light that would be awesome!

My findings so far.
As you can imagine I wish there were more sensors, oil temp, cat temp etc..
Amazed to see the ECU and speedo don't agree! (the ECU is more accurate)
Great to see coolant temp and boost pressure
Pretty easy to use.

My boss has a BF GT Ford with issues, might see if I can scan his car!

like if the boost is meant to be set at -14.7, 0 or 14.7 etc... If anyone understands this and can shed some light that would be awesome!

My boss has a BF GT Ford with issues, might see if I can scan his car!

stoichiometric air-fuel ratio (14.7:1) that is the ideal ratio for lowest emissions, but this isn't the best ratio for power.

and its also a petrol air/fuel ratio...

yes you will be able to scan the ford.

ahh.. didn't even consider the petrol air ratio, surprised the app picked it up.

cheers

Set torque up over the weekend. Was interested to see that it tells me my average litres per 100K's is around 7.5.

My LPHK figures are out and I haven't played with it enough to fix it. I use the bowser measurement anyway, but it would be nice to see the instant LPHK figure a little more accurate.

I filled up yesterday and set told Torque the tank was 100% full. It says I have a little over 1000 k's until the tank is empty. I can't even get 675 using the bowser method.

Giving me 7.5 litres per 100k's on average would give me 1066k's per tank. I don't think anyone has got 1000k's out of a tank have they????

I don't know but I suspect Torque would get all these figures from the ECU, it wouldn't make them up itself????. But then again you enter in the motor size, the fuel type, tank size and other stuff for some reason.

Wouldn't the ECU be able to determine how far the vehicle has travelled by sensing how many crank revolutions have occurred, combined with being in which gear, combined with the standard factory tyre/wheel size combo.

And then be able to work out how much fuel has been used by monitoring how much has been squirted into the motor?????

But maybe it's not that technical, I don't know.

Error codes - yes it can clear the codes. There's a button on the main menu "Fault Codes", you go in there and "Scan for Faults" to see them, or just pop up the menu and "Clear faults on ECU".

A far as I know, it doesn't clear the "service needed" in the instrument panel, but there's a method of resetting that to 10,000km with the instrument panel knobs - I just can't remember how it's done at the moment.
You seem pretty educated on these little gadgets Tony. I've had a look on ebay for one, found one that looks alright but unsure if its suitable for my truck. I have a 2012 d22, i asked the seller if it's compatible and they weren't sure. This is the one I'm looking at http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=190868683257&alt=web

hi amy
that one will do the job
get the $5 torque app and away you go
mine even works in the coon

lmao
yes they can be left plugged in , they power up on ignition
coon....sorry I have a falcon, I call it a coon, probably shouldn't

lmao
yes they can be left plugged in , they power up on ignition
coon....sorry I have a falcon, I call it a coon, probably shouldn't

Don't laugh at me! haha. Nah, just wanted to make sure because I have a genius plan which I will unveil once I've bought all the shit for it :)

Ahhh, that kinda coon. I had a feeling you may of meant that but I thought I better not mention it lol

^ the two important factors are OBD2 and ELM327, matched by the device so it's going to work. Sparra is on the money.

As a side note for other D22 owners: older D22s (I think from 2007 and back?) didn't use OBD2, so while the device will fit in the port, it won't actually talk to the car.

I leave mine in the car, even when taking it to Nissan for a service.

^ the two important factors are OBD2 and ELM327, matched by the device so it's going to work. Sparra is on the money.

As a side note for other D22 owners: older D22s (I think from 2007 and back?) didn't use OBD2, so while the device will fit in the port, it won't actually talk to the car.

Fantastic. Thanks guys!
I just wanted to double check as it didn't specify my year model.

Is this the app you're using?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414736991286.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414736991286.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 68
Is this the app you're using?

That's the one.

Found a new use for one of the gauges. I'm still stunned, and after Christmas I'll have more accurate info on this.

The gauge is "Litres per hundred kilometres - instant" (not average). It's constantly varying as I drive. It's far better than "Litres per hour" because it takes into account vehicle speed. I can use just 7 litres per hour, but if I'm travelling at 5km/h then my actual consumption is 140 LPHK - so the "litres per hour" gauge isn't as useful.

On the way down to the Muster I was NOT watching this particular gauge, I was watching my LPH gauge. Tried to keep it under 15, thought I was doing ok when I noticed the fuel gauge needle start to move. This meant I was through my auxiliary tank and now using the main tank - and I'd only done 345km (with that 70L aux tank). That's over 20LPHK and much of that thanks to Sidunny traffic. That place is a collosal pit of despair and burnt fuel.

On the way back things were quite different. We've got nearly 1,000km on the clock now, car in the driveway, about 30L left in the tank and 60L added once I'd reached the Muster from the jerry cans I had with me, so all up I've used about 120+60=180L of diesel to do about 1,000km or a trip average of 18LPHK.

Consider that less than HALF of the trip was done with OVER 20LPHK, that means the return trip used considerably less - and all I tried to do was keep that instantaneous figure down around the 10 mark.

Thanks Torque!

That's the one.

Found a new use for one of the gauges. I'm still stunned, and after Christmas I'll have more accurate info on this.

The gauge is "Litres per hundred kilometres - instant" (not average). It's constantly varying as I drive. It's far better than "Litres per hour" because it takes into account vehicle speed. I can use just 7 litres per hour, but if I'm travelling at 5km/h then my actual consumption is 140 LPHK - so the "litres per hour" gauge isn't as useful.

On the way down to the Muster I was NOT watching this particular gauge, I was watching my LPH gauge. Tried to keep it under 15, thought I was doing ok when I noticed the fuel gauge needle start to move. This meant I was through my auxiliary tank and now using the main tank - and I'd only done 345km (with that 70L aux tank). That's over 20LPHK and much of that thanks to Sidunny traffic. That place is a collosal pit of despair and burnt fuel.

On the way back things were quite different. We've got nearly 1,000km on the clock now, car in the driveway, about 30L left in the tank and 60L added once I'd reached the Muster from the jerry cans I had with me, so all up I've used about 120+60=180L of diesel to do about 1,000km or a trip average of 18LPHK.

Consider that less than HALF of the trip was done with OVER 20LPHK, that means the return trip used considerably less - and all I tried to do was keep that instantaneous figure down around the 10 mark.

Thanks Torque!
I'm having trouble setting up the vehicle profile. I'm not sure on what goes on some of the fields?

The only field that should be comfuddl... conshooing ... difficult is the "Volumetric Efficiency" which defaults to 0.85. Just leave it. Most things will work, but if that figure is wrong it's not the end of the world.

Is there anything in particular you're having trouble with?

Latest posts

Back