seal kit for a tailgate??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks tony, i think i can do something like that for the sides, what about across the bottom edge?

I have nothing on the bottom edge, don't really need it.
Like I said before the side bits stop nearly all of the dust so I didn't bother with the bottom.

JAFO, that`s looking great, can i be a pain in the ass and get a pic of the side seals from inside the ute, looking out? your a legend, thanks again (((-:

tony when you wash the car especially the back bumper, doesn`t water shoot straight in? tell me to shut up if i`m asking toooooo many questions sorry.

Below is how I did up the skirt The rubber trim below is what I used on the tub sides, cutting off one side of the raised rubber and securing it to the sides of the tub with a metal strips and small nut/bolts as seen in image 1809. http://cfrubber.com/rubber/Rubber%20Seal.jpg In image 1809, the white chalk marks on the rubber indicate how well it seals up against the tailgate when it's shut, near no gaps at all at either side The rubber strip below is about 50mm wide and 4mm thick and held in place with what ever those carpet metal trims are

Please don't get me wrong it is a good idea.but just zoomed in on your Pic,
And it appears The bottom part of the tailgate where water and dust are most likely to enter,before getting three quarters of the way up the sides.there is evidence of dirt and crap.
That area is the most important area to seal.. Have you looked at the gap that is in there???

Don't get me wrong sealing the tub is a top idea.
But I'm less he can achieve 100% seal it is pointless.all you will do is promote rust⚠️
And I don't think anybody wants that!

Always keeping in mind guys that they are traditionally a work UTE.

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

The only water I get in the tub is on a really wet road after a lot of rain.
I get water coming in through the rear wheel arches somewhere under the tub lip, not heaps but enough to make it's way to the tailgate.
that's another reason why I haven't sealed the lower tailgate, to let the water drain out.

I have sealed mine. Got sick of the dust getting in when going outback. I used a pinch mould seal from Clark rubber

image-3635141259.jpg

image-3501838831.jpg

image-276217044.jpg

navmania, that looks awesome mate, did you run an aluminium strip along the bottom to mount it to as well? thanks for all your help you guys, i`ve got lots of great ideas, thanks bever (((-;

Yeah mate it has an angle all the way around. If you go into bunnings in the steel section, it's like 30 x 10 or something. Mine is still a work in progress, the seal design will stay but the steel areas you see in the pics will be changes to aluminium to reduce some weight. If you look at the pic you may be able to see that it's been designed so the centre section where the fridge and draw is can be rolled out so I can convert back to a ute quickly to carry something big if need be. It will all be painted black also once finished. My fridge slide can slide and twist also for better access to the fringe.

image-1663029164.jpg

image-541411578.jpg

image-2180967809.jpg

image-3572612926.jpg

image-5784340.jpg

Cheers

Yeah mate it has an angle all the way around. If you go into bunnings in the steel section, it's like 30 x 10 or something. Mine is still a work in progress, the seal design will stay but the steel areas you see in the pics will be changes to aluminium to reduce some weight. If you look at the pic you may be able to see that it's been designed so the centre section where the fridge and draw is can be rolled out so I can convert back to a ute quickly to carry something big if need be. It will all be painted black also once finished. My fridge slide can slide and twist also for better access to the fringe.

View attachment 18128

View attachment 18129

View attachment 18130

View attachment 18131

View attachment 18132

Cheers

I like!!!

have not had time to get to clarke rubber yet! soon i hope, really intereseted in getting this done (((-:

Back