Carro's D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carro

Reaction score
Hey guys

Been lurking the forum for a year now and thought it was about time i posted some info and pics of the rig. its set up to do some camping and touring and a bit of low range fun - nothing extreme, its obviously not a comp truck.

2013 D40 ST
Auto
2 inch Dobinson lift
Basha Australia 3 piece bash plates
Plasti Dipped standard 17inch rims
Plasti Dipped grille, rear bar, badges
265/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT
STX 550 sports bar
Rear sports bar powder coated black
Load rails and Aluminium 3/4 length cage
42" Sunyee Lightbar

Not a lot left to do to it - next on the list is bullbar and winch, mount a cb and a few other odds and ends.

Nathan

Hey mate how do you find the dobinsons lift. Been looking around and thinking of getting one. They seem alot cheaper then tough dog and bilsteins

Hey mate how do you find the dobinsons lift. Been looking around and thinking of getting one. They seem alot cheaper then tough dog and bilsteins

cant fault them at all. a lot of guys go dobinson springs and bilstein shocks but this combo has impressed me and wasnt overly expensive.

I like your rack set up and the Tonneau, it looks just like what i use to have!! lol

Last edited:
very nice
I think some of us know that water crossing.....Nundle forest?
welcome to the forum

Lladner will remember that crossing
He had his new stock 550 cross there, after we built him a bridge
Its a great area

How do you find the bash plates? Don't loose too much clearance? Still has access points for oil change without needing to remove?

How do you find the bash plates? Don't loose too much clearance? Still has access points for oil change without needing to remove?

im really happy with the bash plates. no clearance issues and they have all the access points for oil changes etc. the three plates go all the way to the back door. great value for money.

Did you also had anything more to the lift? Looks nice and high with the bigger tyres :)

thanks mate - nope, just the 2 inch lift and 265/70/17 tyres. with the cage on the tray I dont think i could go much higher without roof clearance issues.

fitted an aldi reverse camera to the truck a week or so ago. at $99 it is a decent bit of gear. its got a wireless transmitter on it, just had to tap it in to the reverse light and then plug the new rear view mirror in to 12v power.

also fitted some sunnies. 17x8 and 18p offset. im planning a few big trips and like the repairability of steelies vs alloys. the extra width and offset sure does fill the guards out a bit more! just need to order some centre caps from nissan!

You've had the muddies for a few months now, how you finding them? How's the road noise compared to the stock tyres?

Latest posts

Back