Electrical gremlin lhs indicator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastik86

Reaction score
Hey all, I have an electrical gremlin blowing my indicator fuse every time I turn left. So far: Checked all globes and fittings for water
-replaced flasher can -replaced the fuse about 7000000 times
-pulled all globes out tested cleaned contacts and fittings
-Disconnected trailer loom and tested for shorts - --disconnected loom from under seat that goes to back of car and tested for shorts
-tested plug that goes to front half of car and found short
-Traced wiring through engine bay down lhs and behind left head light couldn't find anything...
Next i gotta trace it from the lhs headlight under the bonnet to the that then through the guard to the cabin... FML Anyone had any similar issues and if so can suggest a spot to look first?

Nah I forgot to mention I did check that but there is a short even when the stalk isn't switched to lhs.
I even disconnected the stalk and bridged the pins in the plug and it blew the fuse.

Completely disconnected the trailer plug loom and nothing wrong there.
It's definitely in the front end somewhere, as I disconnected the rear loom from under the seat and it doesn't have a short on it whereas the front half does.

you have a bullbar with the indicators fitted in it ? i have heard guys having this same issue and the fault was a short at the indicator area on bullbar. try disconnecting this indicator totally and see how things go.

Not the indicator itself, already disconnected it, maybe and removed and separated the pins from the plug that's joined into the loom to eliminate the crud in the plug theory.
Going to an auto Elec when I tie the rear loom back in, cbf pulling it apart in my driveway and need it back on the road asap

Hey guys
Sorted and all good
But does anyone know where the fuse is for the indicators to flash when the central locking is activated/deactivated. Replaced fuses associated with indicators and flash can after finding fault but got me stuffed where the one is for the central locking indication

TIA

Latest posts

Back