De-Badge or Not ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
guys, my son wants to remove the Decals on his Doors and Tailgate [ De-Badge ] he calls it. its his D-22 cr-2.5. good idea or not a good idea for re sale etc etc.

If it's up for sale is there a point? Wont add any value
In saying that, i dislike all the crap car companies put on vehicles. Go for it, best way is to use a hair dryer to heat them up, metre of fishing line wrapped between your hands for the"badge" and work it down behind.
Just keep in mind the nissan badge on the back might have two guide holes for factory badge alignment

Hey jonney.
I'm with manning on this.
Never been a big fan of all the badges and stickers on any of the cars I've owned so I've always removed them.
Really comes down to personal choice mate.
Cheers,
Rusty.

Just be aware that 'old' badges may leave a shadow upon removal. The paint behind them doesn't fade while the rest does and can sometimes still be visible.

That said, I prefer to remove some badge work.

thanks guys, its really up to my son as he seems to have this thing about de - badging etc etc. i might say go for it as i had a look on ebay and you can buy new decals quite cheap so atleast they can be put back on if needed. i think he is going to leave the tailgate center chrome emblem on , just remove the computor cut decals.

thanks guys, its really up to my son as he seems to have this thing about de - badging etc etc. i might say go for it as i had a look on ebay and you can buy new decals quite cheap so atleast they can be put back on if needed. i think he is going to leave the tailgate center chrome emblem on , just remove the computor cut decals.

There's a place in the UK you can get more decals, cheap as chips and identical to genuine one's.

I wouldn't think that not having the correct decals is going to stop anyone buying a second hand vehicle. It is going to be a long way down the list of things to look out for! Behind other things like if the valve caps are aligned on the tyres, the AC vents are all pointing at the driver or there are any coins down behind the rear seats.

to me when the decals are removed it looks like the car could have been re painted. thats what alot of people would think. you can buy excellent decals in australia cheap 2 doors for $24. [ ebay aust ]

to me when the decals are removed it looks like the car could have been re painted. thats what alot of people would think. you can buy excellent decals in australia cheap 2 doors for $24. [ ebay aust ]

A mate got 8 STR decals from eBay UK for $8 that's including postage!

Latest posts

Back