STX Blackline service reminder reset

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3ltflogga

Reaction score
Happy new year nissanites, first glitch of the year.....I can't seem to reset the little orange spanner that popped up at 20k. At start it sits flashing a zero+spanner

Have tried...
Depressing odom knob and starting, holding for 30 sec
Ign on, depress odom knob then starting etc
Starting, depress odom knob for 30sec etc

Brake on, brake off, throttle on, throttle off.....

I have a scan gauge too and there is no fault so it seems to be just the service reminder. Little bugger has beaten me :(
Appreciate any help
Cheers

Happy new year nissanites, first glitch of the year.....I can't seem to reset the little orange spanner that popped up at 20k. At start it sits flashing a zero+spanner

Have tried...
Depressing odom knob and starting, holding for 30 sec
Ign on, depress odom knob then starting etc
Starting, depress odom knob for 30sec etc

Brake on, brake off, throttle on, throttle off.....

I have a scan gauge too and there is no fault so it seems to be just the service reminder. Little bugger has beaten me :(
Appreciate any help
Cheers

Try the below.

"Turn ignition to ON, then push the odo reset button while the spanner and service interval distance is showing. The service interval should now flash and you can change the figure to whatever you want it to be."

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=6265&highlight=service+reset

No joy I'm afraid with that Dave. :(

When turned to ON the spanner and 0 is already flashing and I can't make it do anything from that point.

Turning the knob will only adjust the dash light brightness.
But success at last...

Had a few beers by now but I think this was the sequence...
Foot on brake ign off
Turn key to on
Press and held odom AND clock knob.
Start whilst holding and held for 15/20sec and it flashed 20,000 then reset.

AND I unplugged the scangauge whilst doing all the above.

Thanks for the input guys :)

Last edited:
How many hands you got? And holding a beer? Multi tasking much?
My old 08 ST-X you just hold the odometer reset button while turning the key to on, then the previously selected service interval will flash, you can adjust it by turning the odometer button as if you were adjusting brightness, or you can let it time out to compete service reminder reset to the selected interval.

The procedure for the V6 Nav's is in the owner's manual. You can't adjust the 20,000 km interval as in other model d40's. Have heard that Nissan can reflash the dash so the interval is 10,000 as default.

_

To reset the spanner service interval symbol you have to hold both clock adjust knob and the trip meter switch in at the same time and then turn on ign.sw. Then it will flash and you can reset the interval.You need long fingers or get someone to help.

To reset the spanner service interval symbol you have to hold both clock adjust knob and the trip meter switch in at the same time and then turn on ign.sw. Then it will flash and you can reset the interval.You need long fingers or get someone to help.

This is what I do.

Latest posts

Back