ZD30 consult/obd android

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any news on this? I’m also after a mobile Bluetooth Consult setup for my 2001 ZD30 DI...can you run the Torque App via the Nisbie device...?

I haven't checked with Torque for ages. They were trying to make it compatible a while ago but I have only used the NDS1 app. As for the device I haven't looked for a while but try getting in touch with any of the contacts listed in this thread. The Nissan Data Scan website had some links for Bluetooth readers but I don't know if that has been updated

I haven't checked with Torque for ages. They were trying to make it compatible a while ago but I have only used the NDS1 app. As for the device I haven't looked for a while but try getting in touch with any of the contacts listed in this thread. The Nissan Data Scan website had some links for Bluetooth readers but I don't know if that has been updated

Thanks buddy I did try the buyobd website but still sold out. Can you just clarify I’m looking for a 16 to 14 pin adaptor which you can plug a Consult Scan Tool (Bluetooth) into...?

Just skimmed through the NDS website and they have the link to buyobd2 which shows a few different adaptors plus they have a mini USB interface in stock, I wonder whether to grab that and just run a mini USB cable to an android device. Any idea which adaptor is the right one @Boogieboots since I saw you ordered two recently?

Just skimmed through the NDS website and they have the link to buyobd2 which shows a few different adaptors plus they have a mini USB interface in stock, I wonder whether to grab that and just run a mini USB cable to an android device. Any idea which adaptor is the right one @Boogieboots since I saw you ordered two recently?
Sorry Rich, I have been offline a bit. Started looking this stuff up again at work a bit today and will try and post something tomorrow night. I am on night shift and the boss has taken a couple off so I am covering him and will be in front of the computer for a fair bit

No worries . . . this is as far as i got . . .

Stahlcar are still selling a Consult Scan Tool for D22's 98-2000 but don't appear to be selling the adaptor for later models with ZD30 (non-obd compliant).

Buyobd.com are still sold out of the bluetooth interface but they have two adaptor options, they do have a USB interface and I've inquired whether or not that can be connected to a mobile android device via mini USB.

I also emailed obd2australia who have an adaptor/cable and a USB interface which even though is listed as connectable to Android, they informed me that is has not been tested and can't confirm it'll work.

Seems no options for mobile monitoring atm.

No worries . . . this is as far as i got . . .

Stahlcar are still selling a Consult Scan Tool for D22's 98-2000 but don't appear to be selling the adaptor for later models with ZD30 (non-obd compliant).

Buyobd.com are still sold out of the bluetooth interface but they have two adaptor options, they do have a USB interface and I've inquired whether or not that can be connected to a mobile android device via mini USB.

I also emailed obd2australia who have an adaptor/cable and a USB interface which even though is listed as connectable to Android, they informed me that is has not been tested and can't confirm it'll work.

Seems no options for mobile monitoring atm.
Buyobd have a few of consult units listed
BT3V24AA - with 6 pin
BT3V24AB - no 6 pin
BT3V24BB - no 6 pin

It looks to me the 6 pin is referring to the ability to connect to the OBD adapter plug so you would need the one below
Nisbie Bluetooth BT3V24AA
Diagnostic scan tool for Nissan 1989~2005
Optional Adapter A3 for OBD2 interface of Nissan 2000~2005.
BT3V24AA = with 6-pin DDL-to-OBD2 connector, for Adaptor A3

The A3 adapter looks to be the correct one, compatible with BT3V23 and 24 (ie BT3V24AA)
The A2 adapter is for models BT3V20 and 22 only, which don't seem to be offered at all anyway

The Nisbie Bluetooth BT5V31 (listed as sold out) looks to be a straight plug in without the need for an adapter, although it mentions disabling CLK pin to function

The way I read it you would need the Nisbie Bluetooth BT3V24AA plus the A3 adapter. From the buyobd website this comes to $40

I have compared this to the unit I bought from Stahlcar and the adapter is the A3 type, but mine has the blue wire disconnected
The OBDinovations website has more expensive adapters which look to use the A2 type. They are on back order and unavailable anyway...
The original device that I bought had a different wiring configuration to my new one so it was probably the A2 type. (I accidentally fried that one when I shorted my turbo onto the alternator when installing my 3" exhaust). Reading back I wrote that the old one didn't read boost but the new one does, so I guess it is an improved reader

I think my original post in this thread said something along the lines of it being very confusing...😥😲

Last edited:
Also the mini usb on buyobd only has the consult plug by the looks. The Nissan consult 14-pin to usb DDLdiagnostic interface on the OBD2 Australia site looks the same
One final option is the ECUtalk cable. You would need to choose the OBD plug ended option
https://www.ecutalk.com.au/interface.aspxThis will allow connection to a laptop but I am unsure if it could connect to a phone with an OTG connector

Thanks @Boogieboots your a legend. I came to the same conclusion re buyobd devices and what I need. I’ve just emailed them to check the BT5V31 is not coming out anytime soon as that has IPhone connectivity which would be ideal. I’ve also emailed Stahlcar to see if they’re still doing the adaptor although I’ll prob order from buyobd today 👍🏼

Yeah that unit looks pretty versatile, suiting plenty of Japanese models. I myself would be inclined to get the ecutalk cable for $100 I think as I don't have any other vehicles it would suit and I have a laptop already

Buyobd list obdaustralia as a dealer so maybe an email to them??
Otherwise an older windows laptop from gumtree could be had pretty cheaply
More research required here!
Curse you Nissan and your random plug selection...

Now that I think of it can we simply rewire the OBD port to a consult port for the myriad BT consult units out there?
There are plenty of consult to OBD plug cables, how about the reverse?

Buyobd list obdaustralia as a dealer so maybe an email to them??
Otherwise an older windows laptop from gumtree could be had pretty cheaply
More research required here!
Curse you Nissan and your random plug selection...

Now that I think of it can we simply rewire the OBD port to a consult port for the myriad BT consult units out there?
There are plenty of consult to OBD plug cables, how about the reverse?

Breakthrough potentially! After several emails with obdAustralia they have a cable option that works just like ecutalkcable for 24 bucks...

https://obd2australia.com.au/product/vag-com-vcds-diagnostic-cable/
They assured me this works even though Nissan is not listed.

Although I also spoke with Peter from ecutalk and their cable you can use an OTG adaptor and connect mobile android device, the above is just for windows laptop apparently...

Which software were you using buddy? Sounds like Nissan Data Scan II with this cable from obdAustralia but it’s not free...

With ECUtalk there are a bunch of free software available...

So both options prob work out the same money but whether NDS2 is a much improved better option I’m not sure...

Nds1 is the app I have been using. I don't think nds2 works but having said that I have never tried it. I can download it and give it a go. The app was only a few dollars as I recall

Nds1 is the app I have been using. I don't think nds2 works but having said that I have never tried it. I can download it and give it a go. The app was only a few dollars as I recall

I think it’s more than a few dollars and I don’t think our vehicles compatible. I’m going to order the ECUtalk cable Monday and set that up with NDS1 on a mobile android device...🤞🏼

Latest posts

Back