Zd 30 rapid chip on navara d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys. Anyone had any experiences with a rapid chip fitup to a zd30?
Also are they any good etc?
Any opinions appreciated. Thanks

Hi guys. Just a bit of feedback on the rapid chip. Had it fitted up today. Very happy. Really improved things. Comes on strong around 3 quarter throttle. After all the mods it really put the icing on the cake. Forefront intercooler was also sweet with no pressure drop.
Was also brought to my attention that my catchcan is way too close to the turbo unprotected. Way too hot. Anyone made up a shroud of some sort to alleviate this? Possibly off turbo or dump pipe. Not alot of room to relocate to a cooler spot these days with twin batteries and front mount intercooler piping. Very tight as you guys are probably well aware.
Cheers

Last edited:
Also a big plug to DTS turbo and diesel systems in Regency park in Adelaide. Very professional and know their stuff. Took the gamble on the chip too cause a local guy had it cheap cause he crashed his navara and it was a write off. Well worth it in my opinion. Cheers guys

How close is it? I actually put a turbo beanie on mine, maybe similar to this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T3-Turbo...112584?hash=item4aff330108:g:SCkAAOSwOdpXxm35
Not that it really needed it. They dont really get that hot. I was just going for improved spool through energy conservation ( a bit of a wank). They will be a bit baggy on our tiny turbos so will require a bit of tie wire, and a square cut out fot the wastegate arm. It makes a difference.

No worries mate. How warm does it get? it might not need anything. Got pics? Turbo beanie will virtually eliminate any turbo heat though.

Hi rabbid. Sorry for the late reply. Sits kind of above the turbo. Must be 3 or 4 inches but reckon i will go the turbo beanie just for peace of mind. It was pointed out to me by the diesel tuner and turbos get bloody hot. My can is a hpd alloy one which would heat up like a mutha too so will just do what i can mate. Won't bother trying to move it.

Latest posts

Back