NP300 First Impressions?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the software already recognises the temp then why when you plug in a temp sender unit and reset the dash and/or stereo why does it not turn on. (that's how you did it in the early D40's)

Would also be interested in knowing how to reprogram the transmission sift matrix (if I knew what I was doing lol) cause I think the factory setup is nowhere near right in the auto and even using it in manual mode it's self down changing from 7 to 6 when it doesn't need to can be annoying.

I dont understand, it should be working straight away. The software is already pre coded for it, and its even in the software menu. On the NP300 the sensor is the one to the passenger left hand side of the radiator down near the bottom. Currently it has a blanking plug on there that looks 90% identicle to the actual sensor plug.

The sensor has been the same from about 2004 on, across all nissans.

I dont understand, it should be working straight away. The software is already pre coded for it, and its even in the software menu. On the NP300 the sensor is the one to the passenger left hand side of the radiator down near the bottom. Currently it has a blanking plug on there that looks 90% identicle to the actual sensor plug.

Well I tried it with a sensor from a T32 Xtrail and just a thermister diode but couldn't get it to work.

And I was using the plug you described.

Incorrect, amb temp sensors vary across different models. We have tried the following sensors without any luck.
R51,
Maxima,
T32 Exy,
Qashqai
Altima
The sensors vary on the R51/D40 and the Jap stuff and the maxima one is different. Thought the altima one may have worked been both built in Thailand as the Exy is Jap and the Qashqai is UK.

Simply plugging in the sensor doesn't make the display work. And to add to that , the plug is only on ST-X models. ST and RX don't have the plug on the front.

Think i got what your saying. When ADR's allow remote start? This is already available on Jeep Grand Cherokee and other vehicles, I believe the holden Statesman also has it as standard. So why would we be waiting for ADR's?

R52 Pathy has remote start, down see why they are waiting for ADR when many cars have this feature now, including Nissan.
The remote fob is the same as the D23 ST-X and many other nissans, just has 5 buttons not 2

However you forgot to mention that it costs 8k more has a larger engine and burns more fuel no matter what you do to it , Sure it might have the tuff look, take it off road and it aint, so WTF are you doing here :hmmmm2: LOL

Marty

who gives a crap about more fuel...and yes i wanted a larger engine..i dont want a "girls" poxy motor in a 4wd....
have a look at how long ive owned a d22 for...but now i changed..

if you had the $$$ you would get one too..:rambo:

I drove a ranger and it was crap so really dont know what you are taking. All utes have there ups and downsides, i picked the Navara because it suits my needs.

Dont tell me your comparing the D22 with the D23????

why dont you look at the comparison of all 8 leading dual cab diesel utes and see which one comes out on top.
1/RANGER
2 /AMAROK ETC and the nissan 4ht or 5th..
why would i buy an inferior car ?
as far as a ranger driving like "crap" you wouldnt have a clue.....

I love the Ranger and it does drive very well but so does the new Navara, I would say if anything the Amarok would be one not to touch. I have herd though the Rangers gearboxs are shit but I think if you look at all modles out there they all will have a weak link or problem so I guess it's personal a opinion.

why dont you look at the comparison of all 8 leading dual cab diesel utes and see which one comes out on top.
1/RANGER
2 /AMAROK ETC and the nissan 4ht or 5th..
why would i buy an inferior car ?
as far as a ranger driving like "crap" you wouldnt have a clue.....

Geez, somebody has a complexion:dummy:
I read reviews all the time and atleast 95% are either paid advertisements from the manufacturer - very biased opinions or are not comparing apples with apples.
The top 8 utes are not the same - they are designed and targeted to certain buyers. The Ranger does look very good and it was on the top of my list until I actually drove one and compared it to the others I drove and yes, it was crap in comparison. would I spend *k more on a car that other people seem to like more - NO!
I would buy what suits me and then you weigh up costs of purchase, running costs and after market goodies which could improve that ute over its more expensive competitors and still end up cheaper.
Its called using your head.

If you actually believe the best ute bullcrap they force feed you

Please volunteer for the next Toyota ad, just make sure to offer to be the ute. Rolling off the cliff 😂

Sent via smoke signals

Incorrect, amb temp sensors vary across different models. We have tried the following sensors without any luck.
R51,
Maxima,
T32 Exy,
Qashqai
Altima
The sensors vary on the R51/D40 and the Jap stuff and the maxima one is different. Thought the altima one may have worked been both built in Thailand as the Exy is Jap and the Qashqai is UK.

Simply plugging in the sensor doesn't make the display work. And to add to that , the plug is only on ST-X models. ST and RX don't have the plug on the front.

Interesting,

Have got a friend looking at the bosche source code, dont know how far will get from that. The OBD data stream recognises a temp sensor there when plugged in.

I try for two days a Nissan dealer D23 NP300 LE A/T test truck, at 5.000 M.A.S.L was still strong and the engine fells much better than D40 without oxygen, at gravel roads the back fell very loose. but the suspension was very good for me in regular use. when we get one working in to a mine we will see if it worth it or not.

hi guys, took delivery of my white auto stx this week. first impressions are its build quality and features are out standing, paint is nice, leather is great.

the only gripe i have with it, the damn heavy/slow steering. it feels like its got a busted power steering pump. surely nissan australia know this problem and can come out with a fix??.

Im hoping that i either get use to it, or my new lift kit and bigger tyres helps steering input.

Interesting,

Have got a friend looking at the bosche source code, dont know how far will get from that. The OBD data stream recognises a temp sensor there when plugged in.

I hope they can find an answer. Now the weather is getting cold I'm really missing having the temp display.
It seems very strange that the plug has 5v at it and the OBD data stream recognises it and yet the dash won't play ball.

I wonder if there is an option on the consult 3 to turn on the display?

after a year and 43000kms i still enjoy driving the st-x np300. there's some small things that are annoying and should have been fixed.
the trip computer and odo aren't in sync
the vagueness of the manual shifter and wide gate
top end st-x with no outside temp display? wat tha?
top end st-x passenger front seat not electric.

everything else i reckon is great and a world apart from the Mazda BT-50 i traded.

Latest posts

Back