Smoke coming from D40 air vents

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsch993

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Spanish 2012 ST D40, and noticed today that there's smoke coming out of the air vents, when with the AC and fan off (as in just air pressure coming through)
It's white and smells like burnt coolant.
Any ideas?

Thanks

you should check your radiator coolant level as you could have a leakage in the heater hose or heater element behind the dash. remove the radiator cap when the Engine is COLD, also check for any signs of water drops on the passenger side floor etc.

I've looked as much as I can from the engine bay and I can't find the source

It has to be one of the two.
The car is under warranty (12 month stat warranty as used commercial vehicle) but I'm wary they'll reject the claim as the car was due for a service at 60,000 and I've just clocked 61,500 and still haven't booked it in..

I've looked as much as I can from the engine bay and I can't find the source

It has to be one of the two.
The car is under warranty (12 month stat warranty as used commercial vehicle) but I'm wary they'll reject the claim as the car was due for a service at 60,000 and I've just clocked 61,500 and still haven't booked it in..

Book it in anyway and tell them about the leak. If there is an argument deal with it then.

Latest posts

Back