4x4 dashboard indicator not lighting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should come on when you first turn on the ignition as part of the startup diagnostics. Failing that, there is a series of steps you can do (I don't remember them just at the moment, but if we had more info about your exact model of car we could find them) that makes ALL of the instrument lights come on in test mode.

Not on a d22 Tony :)

They're a bit primitive, as far as I'm aware, the 4wd light is only controlled by the 4wd switch on the side of the transfer case, when moving the 4wd lever. I'm not sure if they are leds on the cluster, but going by the description above it sounds like they are. It could be broken wiring between the switch and where the wiring goes into the cabin or a failed switch.

It should come on when you first turn on the ignition as part of the startup diagnostics. Failing that, there is a series of steps you can do (I don't remember them just at the moment, but if we had more info about your exact model of car we could find them) that makes ALL of the instrument lights come on in test mode.

Sorry, i forgot to mention. Its a D22 ( mexican version np300 here). Notice the old style bed. 2.4 petrol.
73350d14d0ce7f54a16f07fa324cd38d.jpg
42aa5505de7bd4c88b8d2890425f3211.jpg
318540539a1f1fb5e872c8c1d2878781.jpg
c1f974cc0aa40dd777eb031f86bc8c86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the title says, no 4x4 light on the dash. Took it apart and there are no bulbs, only circuits.

You'll probably find that one of those "circuits" is a LED. look for a ittle stub of plastic that will sit behind the indicator light..

Just for you info.

As stated, the ight is driven from the gear selection some where. AIRI, you have to actually drive in 4x4 for it to come on and it only turns off after a few metres driving out of 4x4.

Latest posts

Back