Final Fuel Filter on 2.5 CR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christos_Vic

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have read the forum and noted that some guys went from using a 30 micron pre filter to a 5 micron after market filter and wondered if there was any issues after doing this. I am lead to believe that the the genuine diesel fuel filter is around 5 micron and was hoping to add a 2 micro final filter in after this. People have mentioned about lift pump worries in the zd30, however i cant find anything regarding the yd25. Cheers for the help guys. Chris

I don't have any issues with just the stock filter.
If you fill up from your 'local area' you should be fine.
Although, if you plan on doing a Simson or outback trip where the fuel quality is concerning, then I would do it.

Outback travel has been our thing over several decades & I've bought diesel at both ends of the Simpson desert more than once (Mt. Dare and Birdsville), plus heaps of out of the way places like Roper Bar, Oodnadatta, Mt Barnett, Hells Gate, Wanaaring, Cameron Corner, Innamincka, Jervois Station, Arkaroola, Lorrella Springs, Mungeranie, Tibooburra, Borroloola......... (you get the idea!).

My thoughts on pre-filters are that they're bling. Just like nearly all the other 4x4 accessories/mods that get fitted to 4x4's around cities. If bling is your thing, or you want bragging rights around the camp fire, then go ahead & fit one.

We travel in a bog stock YD25 to remote locations & never have any problems.

Latest posts

Back