ZD30 EGR pipe gasket leaking (exhaust end)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Discovered the lower (exhaust end) gasket is leaking on the old girl, attempted today to remove the pipe and check / install new gaskets.

For the love or money I could not get suitable access to the lower bolt exhaust end.

I tried open ender, ratchet spanner, normal and flexible socket all to no success.

Any tips other than removing the intake manifold to get access?

Cheers and beers :cheers!:

sorry can't remember what i used.

however odds are its cracked the egr pipe where its welded. small welding job required or blanking plate.

Discovered the lower (exhaust end) gasket is leaking on the old girl, attempted today to remove the pipe and check / install new gaskets.

For the love or money I could not get suitable access to the lower bolt exhaust end.

I tried open ender, ratchet spanner, normal and flexible socket all to no success.

Any tips other than removing the intake manifold to get access?

Cheers and beers :cheers!:

I changed an egr pipe a while back. From memory I used small sockets, a ring spanner and a lot of persistence. It's one of those thing that seems a pita but you should get it if you keep at it. Be very careful if they're tight, loosen them back and forward and take your time, don't want to snap the head off the bolt.

It's more likely to be a leaking pipe than a gasket. Pretty thin metal, not easy to weld unless you have the right gear, no chance with a mma welder. Was about $150 for genuine part from a mob on fleabay.

Latest posts

Back