Go Back   The Navara Forum > Tech Talk > DIY Modifications And Build Up's

Installed New Radio...
Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 AM

My Mood:
Garage
Default Installed New Radio...

I just installed a D5168 from Eonon. First I want to tell you how much I paid for this $264.00 + $35 for AU Maps and $56 for reversing camera total $355. Second I want to tell you how long it took me to install this unit, 45 Minutes. Now I want to tell you that my impressions of the unit:

It took me 4 days to get the unit. Shipping was included in the price.

It had a minimal manual with it that went through the features but that was about it.

It came with a wiring harness that connected to 2 of the cables on the my Navara. and that was all the wiring you had to do.

I got the Australian Maps for an additional $35. The GPS works fine but I will probably replace it with OzeExplorer. More testing needed to really find out how good it is off road. Has an magnetic external GPS antenna included. I have placed it on my dash looks great.

It connects to my Samsung Galaxy 3 with no problems. It actually connects faster and more reliably than the factory unit. Phone calls are clear and have a had better response from people who I am talking to with the new unit. With the Factory unit people complained they could hardly hear me. Plays music from my phone via bluetooth while navigating no problem. The only thing it does not give you song information, factory unit did.

Steering wheel controls work perfectly just have to set them up, took less than 2 minutes.

Music quality is very nice and the operation is fairly easy to navigate. The radio reception might be a little weak, but I am using a stubbie carbon fibre EBAY antenna it did not give me great reception with my factory unit either. I am going to re install my factory antenna and see how that goes.

Plays DVDs, has RCA outputs for SUB, and 4 speakers, Video, and dual reversing cameras. I did purchase the reversing camera and I am getting a mate to give me hand installing that next weekend.

Over All I am very happy with the unit. I will see if it holds up to the daily wear and tear. The unit I purchased is designed for Nissan vehicles so that is probably why it worked so well out of the box.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to drop me line. I will place some pictures in this post in the next couple of days.

Last edited by rsgooch; 01-07-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM

My Mood:
Garage

replacing the antenna fixed the reception problem.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM

My Mood:
Garage

Mmmmmm sounds very interesting. Would certainly be interested in seeing some pictures, and also can you give a product name/model to help us track it down or better still a link.

Also, you say it plays DVDs, does it have an output to allow you to plus is second screen for the kds to watch in the back?

Cheers

Old 03-07-2013, 12:31 PM

My Mood:
Garage

Yes it does have video out. The link is:

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...san/D5168.html

I will post my picture this weekend. I am installing my reversing camera.

Later!

Old 03-07-2013, 02:16 PM

My Mood:
Garage

^ Post needed approval.

Bump.

Old 26-07-2013, 05:01 AM

My Mood:
Garage

Finally have some pix of the new radio. I also have video of the reversing camera and some of the features. If you are interested pm me know and I will get it to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zp9yrsezmpakt50/d4J2GM5gBe

Old 26-07-2013, 05:42 AM

My Mood:

Looks like a pretty good unit for pretty cheap in comparison to many others out there. If I get tired of my factory double din with the new speakers and sub, will definitely be looking at one of these.

Thanks for the write up.

Cheers,

Craig

Old 26-07-2013, 06:00 AM

That's nice unit mate how did you get all the front of as I'm looking at throwing one in to, I presume yours is later model d40

Old 26-07-2013, 06:55 AM

My Mood:
Garage

Your welcome BigTrev. Thanks Gagzila! I have a 2012 D40 ST. It was pretty easy install the panels come off pretty easy with no tools. You can find information regarding removing the panels on this site as well as you tube. I am very happy with the unit and they have drop the price to $231. I will keep you guys informed how it holds up.

Old 27-07-2013, 01:59 AM

My Mood:
Garage

just purchased the tire pressure monitoring kit for this radio. Will place pictures with install and operation. Cost $138 with free shipping.

http://www.eonon.com/Others/Others/TS01.html