What warranty work has your D40 had done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
180 why are you even commenting in this thread? Its most obvious to all that you are of superior intellect , BUT you have never owned a D40 and now you dont even own a Navara, so how would you know how the D40 is as a tourer and how would you know what a 100 series is like to compare between them?? oh that s right its your superior intelligence, so sorry.

comparing apples with oranges anyway, sure i'd probably prefer a td 100 series as a tourer, but a decent one second hand, even a gxl is still 40-50k for a car approaching ten years old... a d40 is a brand new ute for the same money, complete with warranty etc, also people might prefer the ute body over the wagon etc...

I have a 2013 2.5 Auto, and it goes in for it's 10,000k service next month.
I don't think it needs anything, it's already had the rivets for the tonneau pop off (2 days old) but otherwise has been good.
The fuel economy isn't great, 11.2 average. The brake pads are terrible, the front wheels are black after a couple days. The headlights are woeful, the blue light on the dash, is brighter than the high beams. The engine got noisier after a few thousand k's.

What should I look for?

one of the first things i did was upgrade the headlight globes, just off the shelf '40% brighter' narva ones, they did make an improvement.
my tonneau has been fine and i've stretched it a fair bit on a few trips too, still all good after 15 months ownership.
weird about the brake pads, i don't wash mine too often but the wheels are definitely not black, they get a light dusting but certainly not bad at all.
fuel economy improved in a big way from about 25,000km onwards, it's now very very good at 38,000km
To be honest it's been a great car, very happy with it, i do regularly wish i'd gotten a second hand 4.2 or 4.8 patrol just for the extra off road ability and solidarity but i can't really fault the d40.

Latest posts

Back