What warranty work has your D40 had done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got a letter from nissan for a recall.
the automatic tensioner bolts for the yd25 may not have the appropriate tightening torque applied.
hoping i can get it booked in before we go away over xmas, will probably do at least 4000km over that period with the family so will be good to know it's been sorted.
will give them a call tomorrow.

interesting to see if that's Nissan talk for we stuffed up and were replacing it.

Can everyone take 2min and fill out the "MUSTER" Questionnaire, so far only 16 people have done it.
The NAVARA MUSTER could be a really good event if we all put in our 2cents to help the committee.

here is a link to the thread

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=16963

.................................................. .................................................. ............................

So after being repaired from my accident, the abs light kept coming on and off randomly. I eventually gave up taking it to the repairer trying to find the fault and went and saw Nissan.

The rear right hand side seal in the axle is leaving and spitting oil in the sensor setting the abs off....
Booked in Monday to be replaced under warranty :)

Well nothing so far. Had the radio reset a few times as it was changing channel by it self. Had it towed to Nissan as it was going into limb mod stage 1. No Problem at Nissan, Service tec said sometimes the key plays up. Worked out it was the Fob the Missus got from the gym interfering with the key. Sounds odd but took the Fob off the key ring and never had a problem. Soon to have front coils done as the new bar and winch are a little heavy for the standard springs

Well nothing so far. Had the radio reset a few times as it was changing channel by it self. Had it towed to Nissan as it was going into limb mod stage 1. No Problem at Nissan, Service tec said sometimes the key plays up. Worked out it was the Fob the Missus got from the gym interfering with the key. Sounds odd but took the Fob off the key ring and never had a problem. Soon to have front coils done as the new bar and winch are a little heavy for the standard springs

that radio issue got me too until another member started a thread on the "HIDDEN MENU"
so i followed the steps to bring up the secret menu and fixed it, BUT if ever you disconnect your battery it will need to be done again.

that radio issue got me too until another member started a thread on the "HIDDEN MENU"
so i followed the steps to bring up the secret menu and fixed it, BUT if ever you disconnect your battery it will need to be done again.

Hidden Menu, Interesting. Would like to know more.

Hidden Menu, Interesting. Would like to know more.

Im just trying to find the thread, BUT i cant remember its title.
There is a sequence of button pressing that needs to be done and it pops up and you can turn that auto channel select option off, as well as other things.

As soon as i find it i will bump the thread and put a link up here.

Well went to Nissan to get the 20,000 done on Monday. And what do you know, no mention of the recall with the extra weight added to front end of the Navara. So still sitting on the weak as piss front coils. I've emailed NCM to complain about the lack of knowledge I received. 1st having attempting to change me for the V6 and 2nd telling me my suspension is safe and that I may need to invest in some heavy duty suspension. Yeah not when the car is only 20,000ks old.

My D40 is nearing 5 years old and has 116000 km on the clock. The following is the list of warranty work I've had done:

1. Replaced torque converter
2. Replaced stereo unit
3. Replaced cruise control surround (twice)
4. Replaced rear axle oil seals - both sides
5. Replaced cracked transmission dip stick/oil filler tube
6. Replaced starter motor (this was something that Nissan probably didn't need to do under warranty as the failure happened due to diesel leaking from an after market water separator that I'd fitted).
7, Master fuse blown (cause was the wrong installation of the starter motor that was causing a short.......sometimes).
8. Injector pump oil seal (twice within a month).
9. Timing chain

That's about it.

Hey all,
Bought my Navara D40 2008 two weeks ago, Luckily with extended warranty.
Fuel consumption is Shitehouse, 350km to three quarters of a tank of fuel. (Diesel, Auto)
Then went into limp mode one day coming home from work... Great, So into nissan it went, Apparently it has Hair line cracks in the fuel lines, thats all was said to me. So now waiting to here from Nissan them selves to see if its covered.
Hopefully this could be the issue, otherwise it could be the injectors?
Also doors are loose, and scuff marks and chipping around the window controls.
Love the car but really hope these things are resolved.
Cheers for your input,
Michael

Hey all,
Bought my Navara D40 2008 two weeks ago, Luckily with extended warranty.
Fuel consumption is Shitehouse, 350km to three quarters of a tank of fuel. (Diesel, Auto)
Then went into limp mode one day coming home from work... Great, So into nissan it went, Apparently it has Hair line cracks in the fuel lines, thats all was said to me. So now waiting to here from Nissan them selves to see if its covered.
Hopefully this could be the issue, otherwise it could be the injectors?
Also doors are loose, and scuff marks and chipping around the window controls.
Love the car but really hope these things are resolved.
Cheers for your input,
Michael

Interesting Mudhog. I brought my 2009 Nav in Feb of this year and it only had 32K on the clock. Went thru all the books and in the previous owners extended warranty book it spells out quite clearly that the extended warranty was not transferable from the original owner to the next for a Navara.

Interesting Mudhog. I brought my 2009 Nav in Feb of this year and it only had 32K on the clock. Went thru all the books and in the previous owners extended warranty book it spells out quite clearly that the extended warranty was not transferable from the original owner to the next for a Navara.

it depends. if you purchased nissan extended warranty its transferable but if you bought one from dealer its not.. well at least mine stated that way

extended warranty from a dealer might as well be written on toilet paper, they always crack the shits when I tell them that but its the truth...

the ones up here usually cover $1000 max and every service has to be with their technician monkeys...

Latest posts

Back