Wheel wobble after 60k

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lance7983

Reaction score
Hi all
After putting aftermarket steel rims brought new, I have always had a slight wobble on the steering wheel and can get worse the faster you go.

I have number of wheel balances/wheel alignment done over the years and has made it slight better but not cleared the issue.
Have also replaced wheel nuts.

I'm yet to try centralising rings that you can buy of eBay, does anyone run these rings?

The 4 wheel driving I do doesn't help the matter, feel like a balance is needed after every trip lol.
Only running bridges stones and 2inch lift so nothing silly to put out of whack.

Any help would be great.

Usually a wheel wobble can be fixed by a simple wheel balance, tyre rotation or wheel alignment.
I have had an issue on a Patrol where the wobble would get worse up to 80 kms/h and to a point where it would vibrate the wheel out of my hands if I didn't slow down.
It turned out to be a cracked weld on the sway bar bracket to the chassis.

you could either borrow another set of wheels to compare, or try an on car balance if they can be done on 4wd wheels!

Hub centric rings (what you are talking about) are not a bad idea, but there are a lot of differing opinions in whether they work or not.

What brand are the wheels? I've heard of certain brands being made out of round and impossible to balance correctly.

I'd start by jacking the car up one wheel at a time and tensioning the wheel nuts correctly to make sure they are seated on the hubs correctly and go from there.

Back