Dual mass clutch replaced

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

Reaction score
Hi guys.iv been away from this forum for about 5 years just rest my password. I tried searching for this topic on here but no good.my ute the d40 has just clicked over 200 thousand not bad for a 2006 model.the clutch was pretty bad so.i just got it replaced today.with a dual mass clutch pro one.(It had a dual mass one in it originally).I know it's to late now but I'd like to know everyone's opinion on this.as to putting in a single mass one.insted.thers a lot of for and against on this I know.just to note I don't do a shit load of heavy towing either.just some beach work and light 4x4 sometimes.

That's good K's on the original unit, would expect a modern good quality after market DMF and clutch to be superior to the original. Funny how some cars have no truoble at all, yet i have heard of others changing their clutches a couple of times within 100k.
Bit like the timing chain drama's, my 06 has 255k on it, and the chain is quiet as a mouse, touch wood!

Yeah i got a smf and new clutch replaced 1000km ago.
There was a vibration down low in 3rd right after it was replaced. but it has gotten to the point now that it is hardly noticeable now it is beaded in.
It is a lot more responsive to drive now which feels good under foot.

200K on a clutch means just one thing - you're quite kind to yours.

Beach work can increase the load (and the wear rate) but if you get the clutch released fully fairly quickly, you minimise that too. It's the low-speed maneuvering of heavy loads that kills them fast, where you spend a lot of time feathering the clutch under load.

Yep I don't do much hard core stuff with it.just took it for a drive feels so different.pedel feels really light.but overall I'm happy with it.what I'm not happy with is that while the gearbox was out.i replaced the nuteral position switch.because I hadn't had that working for years.and now it still isn't working. Iv only driven it on a short test drive.so didn't get past 60 or 70 Kim.does anyone know if the cruise control only works over a certain speedp

As above usually about 40ks is the lower limit. The clutch and brake pedals should both have cutout switches on them, the brake pedal may have 2 separate switches so it would be worth looking at them too to make sure they are working properly as they will stop the cruise control working...

Latest posts

Back