D22 Neutral Position Switch Test

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simon.
mate you are a legend.....had trouble with mine loosing power in 3rd & 4th gear. did the test and found it doent return to idle in 4th gear. going out today and ordering a new switch.

* big thumbs up*

Simon.
mate you are a legend.....had trouble with mine loosing power in 3rd & 4th gear. did the test and found it doent return to idle in 4th gear. going out today and ordering a new switch.

* big thumbs up*

just disconnect it that's all i did and had no probs

Drivers side of the gearbox on top, get underneath and unplug it. Theres 2 plugs from memory and i think its the rear one.

Could this also affect first gear?

mine has dropped a considerable amount of power and i have done everything from changing stock exhaust to straight 3" thinking the CAT may have been blocked to bi passing the manual pump from sucking in air, to running a complete new air intake system with an cruiser 80 series box... and none of this has made a difference, my next option was to block EGR... i have heard about the NPS switch since then and now its starting to tick all the box's for the issues i have been having.... also would this cause the engine light to come on?

lack of power and engine light doesn't seem like the NPS to me.
The NPS will generally cause a splutter or a miss fire type of symptom where the engine will rev as normal but not consistently.

lack of power and engine light doesn't seem like the NPS to me.
The NPS will generally cause a splutter or a miss fire type of symptom where the engine will rev as normal but not consistently.

Spewin, mine has just dropped like 50% of its power, even taking off it struggles like i have to ride the clutch to get it to move... and then it revs up very slow... im getting frusterated with it and cant seem to pin point the issue.

Spewin, mine has just dropped like 50% of its power, even taking off it struggles like i have to ride the clutch to get it to move... and then it revs up very slow... im getting frusterated with it and cant seem to pin point the issue.

Is it reaching full boost??
it sounds like you have ruled out the simple things like water in the fuel??

Is it reaching full boost??
it sounds like you have ruled out the simple things like water in the fuel??

i have looked at most things, i have installed a fassett pump with water catch, whether that is working or not im not sure, i wouldnt of thought water in the tank though.... but i sware i have ruled out the majority of things... i have put the engine light down to volt drop because i do know my alternator is only charging at 12.8v running but i didnt think that would be causing the power loss to that extreme...

NPS will cause engine splutter/surge as the switch starts to fail. it will cause power loss when it fails totally.
very easy to test just unplug it.

where is the switch positioned or is it the heat switch its self.

Its located on the gearbox and is joined to the switch on the dash, without reading back through this thread i think there is a link to other threads that will explain it perfectly and there is also picture of the exact switch, have a reda through here and do a search, you should find all that you need.

If thats no good, Basically remove the boot from your gear shifter so you can see the top of the gear box, you then should be able to see a (from memory) blue switch, just unplug it and your done. there is no need for the heat switch in Aus, its a euro and jap thing where they can get -20c temps

I have the symptons above, but when I disconnected the switches on gearbox, yes I disconnected all three one at a time incase I was on the wrong one, and the heat switch still puts revs up to 1200 rpm.

Can anyone shed any light on what my problem might be please!
fj

I have the symptons above, but when I disconnected the switches on gearbox, yes I disconnected all three one at a time incase I was on the wrong one, and the heat switch still puts revs up to 1200 rpm.

Can anyone shed any light on what my problem might be please!
fj

If you disconnect the right switch your heat switch should NO LONGER work, so if it is you haven't found the right one, try taking the boot off the gear shift so you can see the top of the gear box and it should be the blue plug

If you disconnect the right switch your heat switch should NO LONGER work, so if it is you haven't found the right one, try taking the boot off the gear shift so you can see the top of the gear box and it should be the blue plug

Cheers Nathan, I disconnected 3 switches but on closer inspection there is another one as you said, on top of the gearbox, which did the job. fj

Just bought a 2005 3.0 and after a few hours developed the surging problem.
Mine seems different being it also happens in neutral.
My heat switch doesn't seem to be working,the water sensor plug on the fuel filter was also unplugged,also the rubber hose from the turbo to the boost sensor was broken.
If the car is shut down for a few hours it fixes itself ,then after 10 minutes or so the surging starts again.
Where do i start.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back