Steve Jarvin Nissan Suzuki Burwood

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elisabeth

Reaction score
Not happy at all with that business. They do not provide courtesy cars when your new car breaks down, and I'm not quite sure how much priority they give to warranty repair claims, because my Suzuki APV van has been sitting there for 10 days now. They assume the intermittent start up failure has something to do with the ignition switch. On that assumption they've ordered one from India, which can take up to 4 weeks to arrive. However, when it arrives, it might not fix the problem.

The dealer asked the Manufacturer to provide me with a courtesy car in the meantime, and the Manufacturer passed the buck back to the Dealer. Maybe, just maybe I'll get a courtesy car on Monday. They said the Service Manager will call me Monday morning. I'm not holding my breath.

I've never bought a new car before, and I don't think I ever will again, not from Steve Jarvin anyhow. Found this forum through another post about him. I wish I would have done a bit more research before I bought from that business. Does greed totally rule the world? What about the new Australian Consumer Law? If they can't fix it, within a reasonable time, I'm supposed to be able to get a refund under the new law? Does anyone here have any tips on how I should go about it all? Signing off, totally frustrated....

After having this post reported because it's not specifically Navara related I'm posting so that people know why it's being left here.

The dealer in question sells Nissans and members here have had poor dealings with them in the past. Further warnings seem quite appropriate, even though the vehicle is not a Navara it does come from a dealership that Nissan has approved. It's only through mechanisms such as this forum and other forms of social media that pressure can be brought to bear on either the dealership to fix their act, or Nissan to take whatever actions they deem necessary to evoke changes.

If the dealership involved wants to discuss this with me, I'm happy to have the conversation. If Nissan want to have the discussion, Nissan actually have my phone number. Happy to talk, but equally happy to leave tales of woe like this visible to the public while the dealership isn't actually caring about its customers so that others aren't suckered in by the sweet talk and then left to flounder when something goes wrong.

Thank you for leaving it up. Through your forum I found out that Steve Jarvin tried to force his workers to work with Asbestos. Haven't met the man himself, but the big boss (a partner of his), and the Service Team. They just told me that I've been approved for a rental car by the Manufacturer, but I need to arrange it myself, pay in advance and give them the receipt. Once they get the money from the manufacturer, they will pass it on to me.

I didn't like the sound of that, and thanks to a very nice Customer Service Manager at Suzuki Head Office I can pick up a Rental Car from Thrifty tomorrow, paid for by them. She apologized and said she really can't understand why it's been so problematic (meaning Steve Jarvin's Dealership).

If I offended some people on the Forum, sorry, it's not about a Nissan, I know, but I'll take a photo of the Dealership next time I'm there, and you'll see that he sells Nissans. That, combined with the fact that a few more people here had bad experiences with him made me write on this forum. Thanks again, old Tony!

Don't apologise, I,m man enough to admit it was me who flagged your post. No disrespect to you, I didn't realise that dealer sells nissans. hope you have good luck with your future dealings. My wife's Mazda CX-5 is now about 5 months out of warranty, but Mazda just replaced the plastics connected to the side mirrors as the have perished, would of been pissed if they hadn't. Also the seat cloth is getting replaced again under warranty, or I suppose it's good faith customer relations now.

Latest posts

Back