2007 D40 2.5TD Manual

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibboty

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and have gained some valuable ideas for my Nav. The question I am asking is how do I tell if I have a SMF or a DMF in my Spanish Built 2007. The throw out bearing is starting to make a slight ticking noise when the clutch is depressed. I don't have the last 4 years history of the car, so I am not certain when or if the clutch has been replaced in this time. It now has 234,000 on the clock and engine wise it runs like a dream. I am aware that a elderly gentleman owned it before his passing and I purchased it from a deceased estate. It has had some mods done to it already, EGR block off, catch tank, upgraded suspension etc.
Does it matter what clutch kit I get put in it if the flywheel is Ok. Are the clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing the same for both flywheels?
Many thanks in advance for any responses and advice.
Regards
Dave

there is a possibility that your Dual Mass Flywheel could be on its way out, these flywheels do stuff up after time so maybe give some thought of replacing this flywheel with a Single Mass type flywheel. much more reliable and cheaper in repairs in the long run. find out the cost of this flywheel / clutch kit, you should get a fair idea if you look on Ebay.

Many thanks for your help guys. There is no rumbling when in neutral with clutch out so prob DMF I guess. Will get SMF kit and change it over. In closing and for information only, does a heavy duty clutch plate and pressure plate fit both flywheels? or aren't they interchangeable?
Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back