Aftermarket front suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalteseMan

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am considering putting a bullbar on the front of my np300 but have been told that I will have to upgrade the struts and coils if I do this. I don't want to loose the factory ride (its a big reason I bought the vehicle), and was wondering if anyone knows what the best gear to install to achieve this would be?

if its a steel bar you should only need to change the front springs / coils with a heavier duty set. if the bar is an alloy type you don,t need to change anything as there not heavy as opposed to the steel bar.

For those that have now installed after market suspension, what have you installed? How does the level of comfort compare to the stock setup? I ask as I don't want to install a setup that rides harsh. Comfort is my priority, but I would like a couple of inches lift. Thanks in advance

Hi guys, I am considering putting a bullbar on the front of my np300 but have been told that I will have to upgrade the struts and coils if I do this. I don't want to loose the factory ride (its a big reason I bought the vehicle), and was wondering if anyone knows what the best gear to install to achieve this would be?

I have an Ironman deluxe bar + winch, i run stock Struts with NISS040C coils which are Ironman 50-100kg.

In the rear i have swapped the shocks and coils to the series 2 nav ones as they have a higher load rating - nothing outrages but better + mine had sagged and airbags to take the car trailer and camper trailer weight.

Still has the factory ride as that is what i wanted aswell.

I too went with a steel bullbar and kept the OEM struts, I just got the upgraded ironman coils and fitted them myself, would not recommend haha.
I went with the TJM outback bar and threw a winch on too.
It seems to be holding the height so far but is a bit spongey and bouncy off road.
I'll be upgrading my whole suss soon though.

Latest posts

Back