EGR suspected coolant leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woylie

Reaction score
I have a D22 3.0litre which has the egr blank/swirl mod.It uses a small amount of coolant and have had all the usual test and checks.Now i want to rule out a leak within the egr valve.Has anyone removed the coolant hoses on the egr and joined them together so that the coolant bypasses the egr valve,and if so where there any ill effects. Cheers.

tho i would not run it for long periods with the water disconnected. the egr valve will still get heat up the egr pipe. not as hot as when egr is working. i'm not sure how hot it will get and if that eat will damage the coil egr unit.

If you suspect there's a leak in the EGR cooler, it will allow exhaust gas (and thus quite high temps) to flow to the EGR cooler and out the coolant lines. When in good condition, the exhaust flow won't be there (pipe blocked, no flow) so there'll be very little high heat applied to the cooler - but Tweak'e is right, if there's a hole, there'll be a LOT of heat.

Latest posts

Back