QD32 coolant leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elsbrook

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2000 D22 with a non turbo QD32. Great engine but noticed today coolant appears to be coming from starter motor housing.

I have looked at manual to see if there's core plugs in there but it tells me nothing.

The engine has never heated as long as I've had it, needle always middle of temp gauge.

I am dreading having to lift the engine so any advice will be gratefully received.

My biggest fear is cracked block.

Many thanks

do you mean the bell housing ? if so are there any hoses / pipes on the rear of cylinder head ? if so there could be a split or such in one, check to see if any water drops run down from the back of head then into the bell housing .
other causes could be a leaking Welsh Plug at rear of engine , a crack in rear of cylinder head [ not that common ] crack in engine block at rear [ not that common ] i would say and hope for your sake it is a leaking pipe or the worst a leak in a welsh plug [ out comes gearbox ] have a good look at the rear of cylinder head first. EDIT; just had a look at your engine [ QD-32 NON TURBO ] has 2 welsh plugs at rear of cylinder head plus 1 welsh plug at rear of engine.

Last edited:
hey mate, i would also check your radiator cap, overflow bottle and hose, these things are plastic and now getting on in years, i can imagine that if they leaked it would end up somewhere around the starter motor[while the car was being driven]
cheers doug

Back