Uniden UH012sx mic issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christos_Vic

Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals,

Have recently got out an old uh10sx uniden uhf that I got in a combo pack a few years ago to see if it was still good to install in the Nav, however having a little issues with it.
Initially I thought the mic was faulty as it was not transmitting anything at all, so I got a new connection and tried soldering it on. As I was doing this I noticed that the input connection on the unit itself was loose, so I soldered it tight again.

Now after soldering everything I can receive transmission (which I was able to do already) and when I push mic it shows that it is transmitting, however no sound is going through. I have even checked my handheld uhf and it shows that something is transmitting on the channel when this is happening. Strange :wtf:

It is a 4 pin mic connection, however I only connected 3 as the black wire did not plug into anything inside the mic. Have read somewhere that I may need to connect pin 1 and 4 with a bridge. Not quite sure.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, very close to just bining it if I cant get it to work, really cant afford to though.

Chris

G'day Chris, you are effectively dropping a carrier signal, that is you are transmitting at full power with no audio. If your confident that the plugs are soldered properly then the problem will be in the cord itself. The microphone uses two wires, and the transmitting part when you press the key uses the others. Try a multimeter and look for a broken circuit in all the wires, also check the wires at the microphone end.
Cheers

Thanks Happy,
Apologies for the late reply. Went back as you suggested and resoldered my connections and checked continuity again and BOOOM, its working. Don't know wheat I missed the first time .
Appreciate the advice to go back and check the circuit, was about to bin it. Gonna get ready to install it into nav soon. Happy Days.
Thanks once again

Thanks Happy,
Apologies for the late reply. Went back as you suggested and resoldered my connections and checked continuity again and BOOOM, its working. Don't know wheat I missed the first time .
Appreciate the advice to go back and check the circuit, was about to bin it. Gonna get ready to install it into nav soon. Happy Days.
Thanks once again
Good result mate!
Cheers

Back