Buy a nissan they said!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
So the Mrs was forced to stop in the right hand lane (90km zone) on wed night after some Muppet decided to stop for no reason at all in front of the car in front of her.

Unfortunately the 4wd behind her didn't see any of this, no idea how you couldn't!

Air bags didn't even go off for **** sake!
Those of you who I've met know how small my Mrs is too!

43285cca5ff994d2ffe37cc10a1ea151.jpg

Sent via smoke signals

holy crap thats a hit !
i hope everyone is ok.

the airbags, check there is not a recall for it. i read the other day some vehicles (no idea on brand) are being recalled due to airbags not going off in a collision.

Thanks for the concern guys, she is alive and well! Thank god!

Couldn't imagine what I'd do it this wasn't the case!

Mike, thank goodness she is ok. A rear hit like that at speed is shocking. She will be in shock for a few days after that as will you. All the best for a speedy recovery fella!.

Holy shit! Glad she's O.K.
I'd be kicking someone from Nissan in the nuts for the airbags not working.

Wonder if they turned them off because of the Takata recall?

Glad shes okay. Hope they get to the bottom of the airbag issue and can give you some answers

Gotta wonder what that muppet stopping in the road was thinking. I hope he didn't drive off and recieved his comeuppance off the rozzers. Glad to hear she's ok, despite the faulty airbags. Looks like the crumple zones and safety cell did their job. Probably should plead whiplash and get some compo for that airbag shit, lol. But serious, you could take nissan to court over this.

Definitely agree fellas.
The lawyer was more interested in the piss easy claim for damages then an air bag suit which I'll be discussing next week!

Sent via smoke signals

Blimey, glad she is ok. Looks pretty bad.

Hard to tell from the angle of the photo, but did the car get shunted into the one in front of it as well? Airbags aren't much use in a rear impact, maybe the front impact didn't register high enough on the force sensors to deploy becuase there was more force pushing the driver back into the seats. No point giving you powder burns and potential facial injuries if you aren't going to hit the steering wheel.

Shit mate what a mess, glad ur missus is ok, on a brighter note at least it will proberly start going by the exhaust still in one piece!

Glad she's OK.

I think the (front) airbags only trigger if YOU hit something. If you are rear-ended you get thumped in the back by your seat, rather than flung into the steering wheel - you are being accelerated rather than decelerated....

Can't actually turn off the airbags with out pulling modules fuses ect and that will throw codes. Seat belt pretensioners will have gone off tho

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back