Who rides bikes and what are they

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my old toy developed a flat spot under full acceleration and a backfire, I pulled the carby off and noticed a yellow gel through the whole thing. Rather than pull it down I decided to put Liquid Moly bike fuel cleaner through. After 200kms of hard riding the problem went, just took the carby off and all the yellow sh!t has gone.

Reading the Liquid Moly contents it had the usual Liquid Hydrocarbons and a few other things. Naphthalene (mothballs)??. Now some would know in the 60's-70's this was added to poor fuel to increase the octane and give more h/p. No need when you run 98 it has a higher octane than the moth balls.

Anyway I'm not sure why it's there but the rest of of the stuff does work and saved me a few hours work, something must disolve the gum ect.

They're pretty rare, that's for sure. Missed out on one near Brisbane for $4K - I am thinking of grabbing the local one. There's a GL1200 in Inverell but it looks like it has the lower right fairing missing. There's another GL1500 in Qld going for $10K - but it has a windscreen wiper on its fairing and I'd have to blue slip it to register it in NSW. There was one going in Yass with a trailer but it's also gone.

I don't have a huge amount of time to hunt for them - will see what I can manage.

Can rego a monkey bike too John. Cant see how but the have a compliance plate.few getting around adelaide.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I saw a chinese small wheel Kx80 sized dirt bike with full reg at the shoppo the other day. Had to do a double take. Never seen that before.

Yeah Cam I've seen the odd one in brisbane too, the models from the mid 70's are highly sought by collectors, with the compliance plate and speedo ect. Not sure what the Chinese crapper is Rabbid saw, it must of got around the system somehow to have rego.

Those and postie bikes.....all the rage aparantly...ive got a 1984 XT 250 that ive almost finnished collecting parts for..running and riding and near rebuilt.keep getting asked if i want to sell it...also have a 82 suzuki 650 kat...when i got it i could find them everywher for about $600...now i want to do another one for a mate....there all a few grand...

19596c55bbc9542305165e4c846fca15.jpg

Was going to post a few of the 250 but its not on this phone.

How much for the HQ ute?, it looks well cared for, jokes aside the old Yamahas are holding value, I had a 81 IT490 that I sold 18 years ago for 2.5k now a good one is 8k. XT'S are going up particularly the 600, everyone loves an old thumper.

HQ is my dirt curcuit toy....also make a appearance on the boys trip.we have to start stacking toys now as its getting quite crowded with our collection of vehicles.

20 dirt bikes in Baja my favorites 11 Wr450 and CRF230 with stroker crank 254cc.

Attachments

• PTDC0192.jpg
    PTDC0192.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1387.JPG
    IMG_1387.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 53
  • PTDC0112.jpg
    PTDC0112.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 78
So my old toy developed a flat spot under full acceleration and a backfire, I pulled the carby off and noticed a yellow gel through the whole thing. Rather than pull it down I decided to put Liquid Moly bike fuel cleaner through. After 200kms of hard riding the problem went, just took the carby off and all the yellow sh!t has gone.

Reading the Liquid Moly contents it had the usual Liquid Hydrocarbons and a few other things. Naphthalene (mothballs)??. Now some would know in the 60's-70's this was added to poor fuel to increase the octane and give more h/p. No need when you run 98 it has a higher octane than the moth balls.

Anyway I'm not sure why it's there but the rest of of the stuff does work and saved me a few hours work, something must disolve the gum ect.

I only just read this. Wish I had read it a couple of months ago.
I have a 1971 CB750K2 which I restored about 10 years ago. Hardly ever ride it now and left it for 12 months. Naturally it wouldn't go so took off carbies (a real mission) and the bowls looked like they had been lacquered on the inside. I had to scrape this stuff off, took forever. Now when I come back from a ride I let it run out of fuel in the shed.

Thank you, had a group here from your country (AU) riding dirt bikes for 6days. I was amazed to learn how many regulations you have on trucks. Also how expensive it is over there,you must have high paying jobs. Mexico has zero regulations on modded trucks.Even In Calif few on modded trucks.All pictures from Baja,Calif Mexico Cheers

Attachments

• PTDC0242.jpg
    PTDC0242.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 47
  • PTDC0006.jpg
    PTDC0006.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 50
Well, the decision was made, test rides done, research followed (including costing up the few things I'd need for her) ... and she's home. Happy boy here ... 1500cc 6-cylinder boxer engine with 75kW of power and 150Nm of torque. I drove it around 80km to my house and it rarely went over 2500rpm. It might weigh about 400Kg but it doesn't feel like it. Once you're in the saddle it behaves beautifully. Response to steering is very quick - surprisingly, for such a heavy bike, it's quite nimble.

Now while this bike may have had a trailer on it at some point, I don't think I'll ever do that - not in the forseeable future anyway.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160916_134302[1]-resized.jpg
    20160916_134302[1]-resized.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 197

Latest posts

Back