the truth about Torsion bar please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomski

Reaction score
hi
i would like the truth about Torsion bar please ha yes
i know a lot on here about screwing them up 2"

story:
fitted 2" rear springs as Nissan crap components was F....
so next step:

Torsion bar screwing them up as high as i legally could with 60mm drop & 10mm or so clearance on the bump stop.

i got no steel bar or winch so when i was going to buy some advised as 2"
wankers they are no different than original except stronger tension to allow more weight & you still have to screw them up 2" i did not know that thanks to 4wd1 at blacktown Sydney did not want to sell me a pair as he explained the above

so i did that now not a dragster looking d22

but i probplrm is at low speed 10-20 km i got cricking & groan
like my old bones
not bump & bang like body mounts had that when new.
i got poly bushes in the rear & greaseable pins
i lower it i lift it still does the same any body got an idea please

Thanks Tom :deadhorse2:

sounds like your Control Arms are now in a different position, the sound your getting could be the control arm bushings. you could try some silicon type rubber bush spray on all 4 bushes and see how things sound then. if the sound goes maybe you should fit new bushings .

winding up the bars is fine.
only thing some like to do is reindex the bars (pull the bar out and turn it a notch or two and put it back in). that way the adjustment screw stays in stock position (roughly).

make sure you do not wind it up to much otherwise you sit on or hit the bump stop..

hi
thanks but not doing that heard about a few problems indexing

want to remain legal with 60 mm drop
:shooter:
Tom

hi
you might be on the money today was raining could hardly heard it later when returning home
going slow noise started again i also notices that center height changes every time i check same flat place all the time up or down 5mm
so when i can will spay them might spray my own joints while at it lol
Tom

Droop? I usually try and get mine to where its right in the middle of the upper and lower bumpstops, or just a tad higher. It still seems higher than stock and gives me the warm and fuzzies knowing its still got droop, and therefore ride and handling quality.

tom, what do you mean 60mm drop?

hi
it has to to maintain decent down travel of about 60mm to be legal
vehicle jacked up measure your center of wheel to guard heights adjust
torsion bar let your front wheels back down to take the weight. Ideally go for a drive and bounce it round to get them to settle. Re-measure your center of wheel to guard heights and adjust your adjuster bolt as necessary
also need about 10mm minimum between the top bump stop and the upper control arm
at least its not looking like a dragster now not quite 2" but better:tazzy:
Tom

an make sure fuel tank is full when you adjust the torsion bars, works better than way so it doesnt look lower everytime you fill up.
even a slight turn on the torsion bars means you need a new alligment also so have that on mind as well

Latest posts

Back