Spare Fuse and Light Bulb packs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mry

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently picked up a 2nd hand D40 and am looking to buy a set of spare fuses and spare light bulbs to carry, not to cover everything but the core or likely to be needed....

I've not had much luck searching for the right mix of fuses or bulbs to grab - I was hoping there'd be a handy pack to grab for each :)

Any recommendations or pointers?

D40 Year 2011

Thanks
MrY

There were a few changes between my 2009 and yours, but I doubt many were in the "gee let's stuff them around and change all the fuses and bulbs to annoy the shit out of them" category.

I carry:

2x H4 halogen globes. The front of the lens is plastic, so you can't put 50,000 watt globes in anyway, and expensive units like IPF Fat Boys (I tried these) are okay, but make you weep when they destroy themselves as soon as you hit the dirt road or that bloody pothole you forgot about again. Philips or Narva +120 or +130 are good, much better than stock 55/60W globes that struggle to outperform a glow-in-the-dark t-shirt.

2x standard indicator globes (orange, 21W)

2x standard brake globes (21/5W)

As for fuses, a small (2-3 each) mix of 10/15/20A blades should see most of you problems covered.

Thanks Old.Tony
"but I doubt many were in the "gee let's stuff them around and change all the fuses and bulbs to annoy the shit out of them" category."

So not like usb charging leads of late then :)

Thanks for the bulb suggestions.
I've been impressed with the full beam, so I better find out what had been fitted previously as I now doubt they are stock thinking about it. Although depends on what you are used to I guess (knackered old ford focus :)

So a mix of fuse blades should cover me - I've pulled a few out and there only seems to be 2 different sizes. Although I haven't ventured beyond the 2 main fuse boxes yet.

Cheers
MrY

Latest posts

Back