Child Restraints D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
super glue them to the seat. that stop em from going to other one kids side of the car.

Jas4x4 where did you get yours install in brissy as I could be heading down a bit later and how is it attached in the ute. I ve been quoted $330 for one.

heres mine. Bolt goes through the cab back wall and it bolted with a plate and all sealed up.
Has the top loop so you don't have to put seat forward each time to attach. works well and looks tidy.

Last edited:
woznme where about did you get your restraint don thats what I am chasing , it looks a neat install, I like the idea of not having to pull the seat forward to latch on.

Mine you still have to pull the seat forward put only enough to get your hand over the top, otherwise you cant tighten the strap on the baby seat.

safe-t-ride at southport on the gold coast.

Safe-T-Ride
Phone: (07) 5532 6316
Fax: (07) 5532 6084
Mobile: 0407 735 870

i got 2 put in and it took less then 1 hour to fit and attach complicance plate... they make a killing.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the 2009 D22 ST-R comes with the restraint attach points as standard? They seem to come with so much more than my 2004 came with these days.

Cheers,

DJ

hi guys looking at getting a point put in my 04 str just cant find anyone down here, im in eltham in vic just outside of melbourne, if anyone knows of any companies or had one installed would love to know.

cheers guys:cheers!:

I know of atleast 2 guys in Latrobe Valley, they are just mechanics, nothing specific other than them being VACC accredited and licenced child seat fitters but surely there is mechanics in Eltham with the same accreditation. Let your fingers do the walking.

cheers krafty, went down to one place that i thought did it but turned out the dont so they gave me a number of a company so called them up, which turned out to be an automated machine telling u to go to their website, so tried that and all that said was call their number:suicide2:,
so now i have been on google and havent really found anything yet....

Ring Vic Roads, they aren't often a help but considering the term "accredited child restraint fitter" is so common these days surely someone there can suggest a place to get it done.

I also know a guy who runs a baby shop who advertises that he's an Accredited Child Restraint fitter and if he finds cars without the points he just send them down to the mechanics.

RACV also offer the same sort of service, it costs more if your not a member but I'm sure they too would suggest who they get to do the fitment if the points aren't in the car.

ring vic roads thats just so crazy it might work lol cheers mate, had a look at the RACV website didnt really say much or point u in the right direction, might talk to my mechanic as the truck is due for a service as we speak

thanks again mate

I very much doubt those place will have that kind of information on their websites it's not a common job (except for Navara owners) so advertising it probably isn't worth it which makes it a phone call situation. But I'd reckon one call to any baby shop that says they fit seats will result in a number of who they use to fit the restraints, atleast I know it would be that easy down here and we are backward country bumpkins.

Had same drama with my D22 04 STR. My local (Kyneton) RACV researched options for me and fitted. Restraints Australia recomended that the only option was to fit bars over back window at $360 a pop. Headrests removed, bolted thru back wall with reinforcing brackets outsdide and riveted to roof. Honestly they look plain ugly (colour coding them may help) but when it comes to your kids saftey who cares about looks.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the 2009 D22 ST-R comes with the restraint attach points as standard? They seem to come with so much more than my 2004 came with these days.

Cheers,

DJ

dont know about the '09 but the '10 hasn't got them. Thankfully my kids are in upright foam boosters now.

Latest posts

Back