Chips/Remaps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Curious on what everyone thinks of chip vs remap? For a ZD30 D22, Pros/cons?

I'm also interested in what the various chips connect to?
Does the steinbauer only connect to the spill/tps? (like dpchip?)

Mods include:
  • 3 Inch exhaust (including cat and muffler)
  • Gfb d force boost gauge/controller and egt monitor (probably going to set it for 14-15 psi at the MAP)
  • hpd stage 1 front mount intercooler.

I'm also interested to know what chips/remaps people have used, what was your setup like and what is your opinion?

Would be sweet if someone who has used multiple chips and or at least one remap, I'd be keen to hear what you have to say.

Thanks.

I used the ECP remap. Bought a remapped ECU from them and switched mine out. The performance improvement was awesome. Could have sent my old one back for a $50 refund but kept it as a spare. No experience with a chip tho

Remaps are definitely superior to a chip. With a chip you generally have no idea what is being altered, most of the cheap ones just push more fuel through. With remap many different factors can be changed such as throttle response and injection timing, fuel increase etc. Regardless, with either of them having and egt and boost gauge is ideal to monitor temps. Manual boost controller is good but the stock setting 15 psi, use the mbc to up it to 17 or 18 psi, then you will hit the boost cut where the ecu drops into limp mode. With a remap this boost cut can also be adjusted higher up the range to say 22 or 24 psi if in the future you wanted to run a different turbo with higher boost. You don't really wanna push the stock Hitachi turbo much past 18psi, as the compressor wheel is notoriously unreliable.

Latest posts

Back