Clarky...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the pictures show alot but seeing it in person really does give it another view. its a dam nice rig and keep up the good work.

what brand boost gauge is that? ill have to get one in shortly once the chip and boost controller etc go in.

after those few things comes the roof racks and awning then draw system will go in hopefully not long after that. only problem with adding draw system is the leafs springs will need changing. i could probably sell the comfort springs here on forum in a flash.

Thanks for the kind words Rusty. The future plans include (in no particular order):
- a second cranking battery under the hood
- strengthening up the bash plates
- DIY drawer system in the tray
- water tank to fill in the gap behind the fridge
- shelving above the fridge.
- custom rear bar (similar in design to the sliders - probably the first thing to do...)
- 2" body lift (next on the list)
- diff lock (unsure what kind yet)

Basically this is gonna be a touring machine!

Good stuff man. If you need a hand doing bodylift or anything let us know. Forgot where you live but it wasn't that far away. I am hoping to have mine as a tourer aswell oneday it'll be complete. You mentioned rear bar just so you know I'm designing one atm for my Thai built str and gonna get my cousin to bend and make it up with a tow hitch in it. It's only plans atm but I will get some pics to you when I get around to it. Compared to you list my list is massive Hehe.

RustyNav09 said:
Good stuff man. If you need a hand doing bodylift or anything let us know. Forgot where you live but it wasn't that far away. I am hoping to have mine as a tourer aswell oneday it'll be complete. You mentioned rear bar just so you know I'm designing one atm for my Thai built str and gonna get my cousin to bend and make it up with a tow hitch in it. It's only plans atm but I will get some pics to you when I get around to it. Compared to you list my list is massive Hehe.

Thabks mate, I'm gonna get zordo to do the body lift, having a work vehicle now makes my life alot easier with gettin stuff done to the nav. Be careful with adding a tow-hitch to your rear bar, I've heard that every tow hitch needs to be tested and rated and has a serial number or something. I was gonna ditch my tow hitch all together or get one that sits up higher I'd love to see the design of your rear bar before you make it, I've got some ideas floating around in my head for a design.

Same goes to you mate, if you ever need a hand with the Nav, lemme know, I'm just in riverhills.

Heh Heh, you have fun Josh!. I didn't realise you had bashed in your front bar.
After being away camping for a week at Wooyung, I was reversing through the tree studded camp ground, and thought I had seen them all, but oh no, of course I hadn't.

Bang! not a big hit but of course the flimsy rear chrome excuse of a bar bent in on the panel, denting it pretty badly, now matched the other side which I did at Glasshouse Mountains dropping off a ledge.

Was going to check up on Mud4b see if he is still doing those proper tube steel rear bars, and was hoping Bolsy did them as well, will have to call and find out as his prices are pretty good. Keep us posted as to what you end up with, :cheers!:

Pic#3
Put an Anderson Plug onto the bullbar. I changed the air compressor over to an Anderson plug for this purpose. now i don't have to fiddle with silly cigarette lighter sockets or clipping directly onto the battery, my power is right there.

Now that is a bloody good idea!

Either that or add a set of those airbag helpers Russ, don't know if they are onl;y for towing though, or constant use.

they are a alright idea im just not a fan of airbagging my ute. i might just go hd set of springs and adjustable shocks, cause once the draws go in there will be enough wait there to make the hd semi comfortable to drive on. plus the the adjustable shocks i could tone it right down.

in saying that i have been looking at the Ironman Load Helper Springs and just adjusting these to suits

Ironman Suspension Dealer - Load Plus

not sure yet

i wonder if the helpers and adjustable shocks would be the way to go though. wonder if it will effect my flex etc in the rear or anything else liek that.

Hey mate, it's a "drift" brand gauge. And it's an electronic. It's got a sender unit on the turbo wastegate and some signal wires are all that run back into the cabin. I wasn't too keen on running turbo pressure all the way into the cabin. It was pretty expensive, but meh.

Hey mate, it's a "drift" brand gauge. And it's an electronic. It's got a sender unit on the turbo wastegate and some signal wires are all that run back into the cabin. I wasn't too keen on running turbo pressure all the way into the cabin. It was pretty expensive, but meh.

hey mate where did you get the boost gauge kit from?

i cant seem to find them anywhere on google :S. im looking at doing the same setup with the boostgauge and controler in same line. looks like a neat setup but still not sure on which boost controller to get. do they all do the same thing?

rusty

Hey Joshman,

well done, thats an awesome looking Nav. I think i may have seen you around - not sure there is one like yours cruzing where i live.
Anyway cool looking truck mate.

Hey Joshman,

well done, thats an awesome looking Nav. I think i may have seen you around - not sure there is one like yours cruzing where i live.
Anyway cool looking truck mate.

thanks mate. quite possibly, though i do live on the southside (riverhills) but i travel north every now and then for some 4by-ing (landcruiser park, double island point, etc)

Latest addition was actually done a few weeks(months?) ago at a dodgy mechanics day. I installed some eBay LED strips into the canopy.
The two pics show the massive difference in light output between the crappy light that comes in a canopy and the LED. strips. I've got them individually switched from just inside each side window, I can still reach the switches from standing at the tail gate.

Attachments

• image-1860055350.jpg
    image-1860055350.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 160
  • image-33056795.jpg
    image-33056795.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 180

Latest posts

Back