Dont use Sax suspension.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why "Monster Rides" keep trying to sell the crap along side their own stuff?
surely it cant be helping them.
I have often wondered that myself, surely the hilux and any other models have the same problems using them.

not to disrespect MR or anything cause all of their own stuff is top quality and priced quite well.

I have often wondered that myself, surely the hilux and any other models have the same problems using them.

not to disrespect MR or anything cause all of their own stuff is top quality and priced quite well.

It is a shame that you are recommending SAX Matt, they talked me out of purchasing your coilovers for the front of my Nav. John had nothing good to say about your product and was adamant that I would be an idiot for purchasing your products as your valving and spring rates are all wrong.

Guess I am an idiot, I let him talk me into his SAX shit, now 7 months later I have to rip it all out and start again.

Your business mate but after dealing with SAX and with what they had to say about Monster Rides I would be cutting all ties. SAX is a crap suspension setup that doesn't work, it's the same as putting retreads on $5000 wheels. Surely you have better options to partner your suspension with?

For record, my SAX springs, recommended by John have sagged twice over 7 months, and have made contact with my chassis in 3 places on both sides of the rails. Their fix, cut all the adjustments out.

Quote from Jason-D40 taken from the Monster Rides ReKon Suspension thread, post's 238 and 239:

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?p=260856#post260856

And my reply which basically addresses your question and concerns 180.

" Hey Jason,

This is far from pleasing to hear... I will have to bring this up with John when I see him in a few weeks up in Brisbane.

I am really sorry to hear about your issues with the Sax product... I have just caught up on the other Sax thread and it would appear that quite a few guys are having issues with them. I'll post a edited version of this on there in relation to 180degrees question.

I did contact a few of the members (Via Private PM) who posted up their issues early on in that thread's timeline to offer my services to see if I could help resolve the issues with Sax. A few got back in touch and I hope I helped resolve the issues.
I certainly made the guys at Sax very aware of the thread and hopefully some progress was made... I emailed screen shots of the negative posts and sent a link to the thread as well to John and the team at Sax.

The offer stands to any other members who are having issues... Even though MR didn't sell the Sax products to you I am willing to try to help liaise a resolution to the issue.

In your case you are local to the Sax head office in Woodridge and I guess dealing direct with John is the best option.

While I don't doubt that you have had issues and they are ongoing I can honestly say that we have had very few issues with the Sax product and what small issues we have had have been dealt with very promptly, and fairly.
Minor issues, no major sagging issues to date where the right rate leaf pack has been specified.

That said we have sold probably 80% of our Sax leafs to +05 Hilux owners and the product has proved very well received and the performance is excellent. Maybe half a dozen to D40 guys, the same to Triton and new PX Ranger owners. A few 75 and 79 Series Cruisers and thats about it I think.

It is obvious that the D22 leafs Sax has made have had well documented issues, but we have not sold a set of them so I can't comment.

All of our D40 customers who have bought them as part of a Rekon package seem to be happy with them, and I am yet to have any complaints or refunds.

We stand by the product and still recommend them to our clients because we find them to be a very effective product for those customers who need a dual purpose leaf spring... to run around pretty light day to day, and then load it up with a trailer or loads of camping gear. They do this very well and while we have had a few small issues with noisy/squeaky springs on the whole we are very happy with the quality and function of the leaf springs.
I can't comment on the Sax shocks or coils as I have never sold them, nor have I driven in a vehicle with them fitted.

I've never been a fan of trial by forum and again, while I don't doubt the issues that all of the effected members have made comment on there are also a lot of very satisfied customers as well... so both sides of the argument need to be considered. It's like most things... people are more likely to talk about the negatives rather than the positives.
Without making excuses... Sax have had some pretty phenomenal growth, and a few staffing changes which I now have led to them dropping the ball on a few customer service matters. It's no excuse, but there are some reasons behind some of the failures on their behalf.

As a smaller manufacturer/fabrication company we are in no position to build leaf springs, nor do we want to.

We find great leaf spring products from a few different companies to suit our customers needs and budget.
Dobinsons offer a fantastic product, as do EFS, Tough Dog and King.
It all comes down to the customers individual needs and what product will work best in tier particular application.

If you think I can be of any assistance in rectifying your issues with Sax please let me know and I will be more than happy to help in any way I can.

I appreciate your concern and bringing the issue to my attention, all the best with it and I hope you can get a prompt resolution to your issues.

Thanks,
Matt "

Shouldn't John from SAX be the one on the forum saying all that. They are members but never make comment. There is not a lot of forum members defending the product saying it is any good either, so if there are happy customers using SAX where are they. I commend Matt from Monter Rides for trying to help with a product that even the manufacture doesn't support. Good work.

Quote from Jason-D40 taken from the Monster Rides ReKon Suspension thread, post's 238 and 239:

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?p=260856#post260856

And my reply which basically addresses your question and concerns 180.

" Hey Jason,

This is far from pleasing to hear... I will have to bring this up with John when I see him in a few weeks up in Brisbane.

I am really sorry to hear about your issues with the Sax product... I have just caught up on the other Sax thread and it would appear that quite a few guys are having issues with them. I'll post a edited version of this on there in relation to 180degrees question.

I did contact a few of the members (Via Private PM) who posted up their issues early on in that thread's timeline to offer my services to see if I could help resolve the issues with Sax. A few got back in touch and I hope I helped resolve the issues.
I certainly made the guys at Sax very aware of the thread and hopefully some progress was made... I emailed screen shots of the negative posts and sent a link to the thread as well to John and the team at Sax.

The offer stands to any other members who are having issues... Even though MR didn't sell the Sax products to you I am willing to try to help liaise a resolution to the issue.

In your case you are local to the Sax head office in Woodridge and I guess dealing direct with John is the best option.

While I don't doubt that you have had issues and they are ongoing I can honestly say that we have had very few issues with the Sax product and what small issues we have had have been dealt with very promptly, and fairly.
Minor issues, no major sagging issues to date where the right rate leaf pack has been specified.

That said we have sold probably 80% of our Sax leafs to +05 Hilux owners and the product has proved very well received and the performance is excellent. Maybe half a dozen to D40 guys, the same to Triton and new PX Ranger owners. A few 75 and 79 Series Cruisers and thats about it I think.

It is obvious that the D22 leafs Sax has made have had well documented issues, but we have not sold a set of them so I can't comment.

All of our D40 customers who have bought them as part of a Rekon package seem to be happy with them, and I am yet to have any complaints or refunds.

We stand by the product and still recommend them to our clients because we find them to be a very effective product for those customers who need a dual purpose leaf spring... to run around pretty light day to day, and then load it up with a trailer or loads of camping gear. They do this very well and while we have had a few small issues with noisy/squeaky springs on the whole we are very happy with the quality and function of the leaf springs.
I can't comment on the Sax shocks or coils as I have never sold them, nor have I driven in a vehicle with them fitted.

I've never been a fan of trial by forum and again, while I don't doubt the issues that all of the effected members have made comment on there are also a lot of very satisfied customers as well... so both sides of the argument need to be considered. It's like most things... people are more likely to talk about the negatives rather than the positives.
Without making excuses... Sax have had some pretty phenomenal growth, and a few staffing changes which I now have led to them dropping the ball on a few customer service matters. It's no excuse, but there are some reasons behind some of the failures on their behalf.

As a smaller manufacturer/fabrication company we are in no position to build leaf springs, nor do we want to.

We find great leaf spring products from a few different companies to suit our customers needs and budget.
Dobinsons offer a fantastic product, as do EFS, Tough Dog and King.
It all comes down to the customers individual needs and what product will work best in tier particular application.

If you think I can be of any assistance in rectifying your issues with Sax please let me know and I will be more than happy to help in any way I can.

I appreciate your concern and bringing the issue to my attention, all the best with it and I hope you can get a prompt resolution to your issues.

Thanks,
Matt "
Thanks for your reply Matt.

As addressed Sax is a member here but has not yet commented in any of the threads containing issues with their suspension.

I am not one to normally bag a product online or jump on the bandwagon but unfortunately I have with this issue.

I was really rubbed up the wrong way by John when he told me that the suspension should be what he says it is because he is the one in charge of R&D and should not be what I think it should be. I simply commented that it not what I think it should be it should be what it was when I purchased it and what it was when the suspension was addressed 3 months earlier for the same issue.

My predicament is this. The suspension has failed me on its first major trip, it has been back numerous times and it keeps failing. I am due to leave on the Cape York trip with the Navara forum 2nd of August, so in under a month. My only option at this stage is to remove all this SAX crap that hasn't done what it was promised and move onto to other things. I would love just for SAX to give me a refund and I will go on my merry way and enough said. However I know this isn't going to happen. Which will leave me having to pursue other avenues.

I own and run a small business myself, so I am aware of how important customer service is. I know that I have a legal responsibility not just a moral responsibility that if the service I provide does not perform as I have promised I have to rectify it. Morally I would do this immediately, doesn't matter whether a product succeeds or fails, your reputation is build on how well you deal with the situation.

I would love for you to convince SAX to refund my money, this way I can purchase your stuff as originally planned but with out a refund I am going to have to purchase something else to get me to the Cape and back.

If the SAX stuff is still in my car when you are in Brisbane I am offering you the opportunity to come and take it for a drive, then give me your honest opinion on the ride quality, performance etc.

I took my vehicle into SAX and John himself evaluated the vehicle with what I carry for work, what I tow and what I expect out of the suspension and went with what was recommended.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to mediate with SAX on behalf of the members here given its not your responsibility to do so.

Thanks,
Jason

Thankyou Matt for taking the time to address the issues, you very very rarely get aftermarket companies who care as much as you guys do.

I was actually thinking about getting a Snake Racing kit and using the Sax Leafs...guess I wont be doing that now!

Thanks for this thread guys, good honest info helps.

Anyone had anything bad to say about Snake racing?

I was actually thinking about getting a Snake Racing kit and using the Sax Leafs...guess I wont be doing that now!

Thanks for this thread guys, good honest info helps.

Anyone had anything bad to say about Snake racing?

No but if your going to do a lift , do it the proper way , it will look ok , but you will regret it later and then have to re spend the $$$$ anyhow

Hey Jason
I have just got my full refund from Sax for the crap suspension they sold me it took me 18 months to get it but now that they have lost this court case it should be easier for you and all the other people who have been ripped off to go in and demand a refund, reminding them that you are aware they have just lost a court for the same problems that you are having, if they fob you I will tell you the steps to take and maybe short cut it a bit by speaking to the right people, I will keep an eye on the forum when I can we Are on our way to the cape without the sax crap in my car.

Hey Jason
I have just got my full refund from Sax for the crap suspension they sold me it took me 18 months to get it but now that they have lost this court case it should be easier for you and all the other people who have been ripped off to go in and demand a refund, reminding them that you are aware they have just lost a court for the same problems that you are having, if they fob you I will tell you the steps to take and maybe short cut it a bit by speaking to the right people, I will keep an eye on the forum when I can we Are on our way to the cape without the sax crap in my car.
well done mate

*raises a toast*

Latest posts

Back