Dont use Sax suspension.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys really stupid question but is this the sax 3 stage rear springs that you guys are talking about? I was looking at getting a rear set for my d40 to handle weight whilst towing? I'm a little scared now..

Yeah that's them. Buy at own risk. After sale service sux. I don't know about the D40 but the D22 stuff has issues.

don't give those scum a single cent...

buy an Australian made product like EFS, Lovells or Dobinson if you want good springs.

Well that was a close call then, thanks for the heads up I wont be buying them then.....

Give Zordo (John) a call, tell him what you have fitted accessory wise and he can get you the right suspension setup.

Thanks Mate, Ive been emailing him back and forth and I'm gonna go with his stuff he recommended.

Give Zordo (John) a call, tell him what you have fitted accessory wise and he can get you the right suspension setup.

He recommended to use lovell shocks or upgrade to bilsteins which I will, comfort leaf springs & Dobinson coils. Think this is the set up i'm going to go with. Ive had another quote from ultimate suspension and zordo was actually cheap and he said he has done a few 550's before so I think i'm gonna go with him!

He recommended to use lovell shocks or upgrade to bilsteins which I will, comfort leaf springs & Dobinson coils. Think this is the set up i'm going to go with. Ive had another quote from ultimate suspension and zordo was actually cheap and he said he has done a few 550's before so I think i'm gonna go with him!

He mate my bro Inlaw just got his done today on his isuzu dmax and I took it for a spin.. Zordo did a good job and selected a good set of kit for it.. His very happy and can't complain.. It's all spot on

Ultimate is one of the only other suspension places I would give money to, little pricey but they do alot of research into their product and know their stuff, monster rides being another great business that does lots of cool things for 4wd's.

Just had a look at ultimate suspensions website and watched the video about British armour. Wondering how armouring my d22 would affect my warranty or already lacking performance. Ha ha

my mate has sax springs (in his triton tho) and they are so crap, when he got them installed he was told they were the ducks nuts of leaf springs and spent almost $3K on them and now, not even a year later he is getting rid of them. the guys did however tell him not to get the sax shocks and sold him different shocks.

Wonder how long these guys will remain in business for, with the word of mouth and the great advertising they get on this forum, can't be too long b4 they pull up stumps and move on.... :shooter:

I read somewhere on here that they are forum members but I assume they have yet to make any posts, so I assume they are just researching ways to improve their business :confused3:

If they had good customer service; a product that was a fair price and not what they currently charge, then maybe ppl may not be so hard on them....:saberfighting:

yea what is it $1500 or something for their made in china springs?

you can get Aussie made springs from EFS, Lovells and Dobinson for sub $500

thought this thread would still be alive.

I have a full sax suspension kit in my Nav and its crap. I live 15mins from Brisbane head office so I do not call I just go down there. Earlier on in the thread I had taken my car back for them to address my concerns.

Front springs and struts to firm
rear springs sagging
rear shock nuts are only just on, shocks eye look to large

They added a higher rate load spring to carry the weight, lifted the car back to level.
said the rear shocks were fine
told me the fronts are what they are, no options and ensured me the stuff was good enough for the cape york trip.

two months later the rear springs are sagged again, rear left shock has nearly come off again on two occasions, just got the nut back on. Each time I have used a new nyloc nut and a spring washer. Whilst I was under the car on the weekend having a look around I notice the front strut bushes are starting to crack and flog out.

Gonna call them again and just demand a refund, other wise I might have to go down the civil law suit option. Just wish threads like these were around when I was looking to purchase.

I find it amusing that monster rides sells and recommends SAX but when I originally mentioned to SAX that I intended to use monster rides in the front they talked me out of it. I was told their valving was wrong and they were overpriced rubbish. Pot calling the kettle black much.

Difference is Monster rides usually know what they are doing, not sure why they say to use sax though :confused:

I find threads like this super interesting. I but the bullet years ago and purchased the sax springs minus there shocks. After they delivered the springs they didnt send me shackles and bush kit so had to wait for tjose to arrive. Got mixed up in post but i recieved them. I hounded John with questions at 2 seperate shows and on many occasions on the phone and in the CVSS store in slacks creek.

Back when i purchased mine they built them in house and were tested. No advance special spring just the spring pack and thick top 3rd stage. Has worked absolute wonders for me and handled the cape briliantly. No sagging, no sore backs, no dramas with Johns after sales service or his team.

So im happy with my product and i have said on numerous sax threads that i recommend this product and i said many of times i had the old original versions. Wish they could get there stuff sorted and start providing the service and sales of product i got when i purchased mine.

Anyone in Brisbane that has or had the new design wanting to test drive mine so they can get the feel of what the original stuff felt like is more than welcome to pm and test drive.

I also noticed its not just the d22 and d40 with issues. Triton, hilux are having same problems.

Oh also i have no affiliation with the company what so ever.

Rusty

its booked in next Monday, my rear springs are sagging again, my rear U bolts dont have any thread protruding through the nuts. Don't know how I never noticed this previously. My front lower strut rubbers are starting to flog out.

I am due to attend the cape trip in August but I am really doubting my D40

Latest posts

Back