Lightbar or pair of led spotlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAV012

Reaction score
Hey guys

Can anyone point me in the right direction here
Any info muchly appreciated

NAV012

Hey mate.

It depends what you want from them. Leds give a lot of spread, but are no good for distance. The best combo is generally a light bar and a set of hid spotlights. The light bar gives you good light spread and the hids give you range.

In saying all that, if you don't need the range that hids give you, then either the light bar or led spotties will be fine.

^^^ what he said.

A good light bar will have a flood and a spot section and will light up enough road that you'll be able to see anything well beyond your stopping distance - in other words, you won't have any problem stopping once you see something. We were towing up to Mudgee at Easter 2014 and ended up deciding that the 120W light bar was providing more than enough light.

It doesn't help in fog, however. As you might expect, the massive amount of widespread white light coming from a light bar turns fog into a solid white wall. HID lights might not do that - at the very least, if the reflectors of the HID lights were designed right, you'll have two very bright cones emanating from the front of your car but you'll be able to see past it. The combination is therefore quite worth it.

Yeah was looking into a flood/spot combo bar from RIGID INDUSTRIES?

And it will be for occasional off road use and mainly highway!

I fitted a Lightforce 20" Combo Light Bar for my trip to Alice and spent most of the night driving with my Lightforce HID Spotties turned off. With both on I could just see a yellowish light shining beyond the LED bar. Prior to fitting the LED Bar the HIDs looked white. When I change over cars I wont bother fitting the HIDs.
NOTE: The magazine is sponsored by Lightforce

Hey offloading online can you please post a pic of your lightbar fitted champ

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435393831.019867.jpg
1x42" light bar
1x 240 light force blitz
1x 6" light bar

ATM I'm looking into these stedi led driving lights
Because they also through some distance

Last edited:
What brand are your led driving lights mate??? Anyone running the stedi ones like I posted, I'm pretty sure they are what I'll buy but throw me options

And atm I don't want to run both it will be a bar or lights :)
Thanks boys keep the setups coming

Just by some off eBay and if they don't do what you want, do what we all do...... ADD MOAR!!!!! hahahaha

I just have hid in mine plenty of light even spread wise. 100w in ralley 4000. Got hid in the headlights as well but I'm not in the city so never get hassled for them.

Nav012 check out my bulid thread, im pretty sure there is links and pics towards the end of the light they are from sunyee on ebay anyway, if you are just going spot lights go the stedi or arb intensity knock off, mine are vert spot but work well with the light bar.

Cheers
Bryan

Here is my setup. At sometime I will take the spotties off and put the light bar in their place. The other pic is the set of brackets from TJM to bolt onto bull bar

DSC_8119_zpsjjgaoqml.jpg

DSC_8120_zps1n457err.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, however I am led to believe that mounting the LED lightbars ON TOP OF THE BULL BAR is in fact Illegal.. And hence why I got brackets welded to my nudgebar so that I could mount it underneath..

It's akin to mounting the Fishing Rod holders..

Loving the setups boys great work will sus you thead buddy thanks 04 silver

Correct me if I am wrong, however I am led to believe that mounting the LED lightbars ON TOP OF THE BULL BAR is in fact Illegal.. And hence why I got brackets welded to my nudgebar so that I could mount it underneath..

It's akin to mounting the Fishing Rod holders..

Mounting the light bar so that it's forward of the top of the bar is illegal. If it's sitting behind the vertical front of the top of the hoop then it's fine.

Source: NSW Vehicle Inspectors Bulletin #5 Rev 0.1 published Nov 2007 which refers specifically to Schedule 2, Para 27 (a) of the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulations 2007.

Back